Many of you may have seen these competitions on the Food Network, emceed by pastry chef Keegan Gerhard. These competitions actually created the entire "Food Network Challenge" genre of programming.
What astonishes most visitors who are familiar with the shows is how different they are from the competition. Of course the Food Network would not broadcast the entire competition live (although they are at least as interesting as most programs on C-Span), so they edit down hundreds of hours of video footage into 44 minutes of suspenseful programming with a large dose of "reality TV" thrown in for good measure.
This is CLTC’s rare opportunity to watch some of the top competitive pastry chefs in the world go head-to-head, from start to finish. The World Pastry Team Championship is a grueling test of stamina and character requiring months and months of practice.
And the slightest mistake can mean the difference between taking home the gold or placing second best. In 2004, the margin of victory (the US team beat France) was 1 point out of a possible 1600 points.
So come join CLTC and Clay Gordon at the World Pastry Team Championships over Labor Day Weekend and dive headlong in the fascinating sport of Competition Pastry.
Here’s what we’ll experience over the 3-day weekend:
• CLTC VIP admission to the competition and trade exhibits
Sunday & Monday
• CLTC VIP seating during the competition
• Admission to the awards ceremony
• Private introductions by Clay to chocolatiers and pastry chefs
• Individual tour in front of the competition kitchens during the competition
• CLTC Dessert Buffet Saturday night featuring the work of top pastry chefs from around the world produced during the World Pastry Forum
• Private group tour of the competition kitchens by the competition organizers
• Admission & CLTC VIP seating at the Gala awards dinner on Monday night
• FIRST TIME EVER EXCLUSIVE CLTC PRIVATE VIP TASTING ROOM
Taste the actual competition entries!
• CLTC group photo opportunity with the championship team
• CLTC photo opportunity with celebrity pastry chef, Keegan Gerhard
• One year subscription to Chocolatier/Pastry Art & Design/Frozen Desserts magazine
• 4 night's lodging (includes taxes) & Run of the Resort breakfast allowance – you can use it toward in-room dining or at any of the property restaurants at your leisure.
• RT Airport/Hotel transfers
• CLTC Welcome Dinner and an Insider Orientation to the Competition with Clay Gordon on Friday night at 6pm- preceding the Grand Opry Show at 8pm.
• Grand Ole Opry CLTC VIP seating on Friday night
• Resort Fee - covers all shuttles to various venues
• CLTC Saturday Luncheon & Show aboard the General Jackson
• Saturday Night Drinks, Live Entertainment & BB-Q Dinner at the Wildhorse Saloon – save room for the World Forum dessert buffet later on!
If you don't wish to stay at the Gaylord Opryland - there is a discount available.
To register go to: www.ChocolateLoversTravelClub.com
while VIP seats are still available.