LAST MINUTE DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE! New reservations only may take 30% off the standard rates. Airfare to BZE has reached record lows lately, with fares like New York ($272), Boston ($349), Chicago ($306), Houston ($264), LAX ($399), SFO ($331), Portland ($467) found on kayak.com! We hope to see you there!
Join us in Belize for the third annual Toledo Cacao Festival! This one-week vacation package is presented by Cotton Tree Lodge in Belize in conjunction with Cotton Tree Chocolate. Spend a week with us gaining practical knowledge of all things chocolate—including visits to cacao farms, hands-on workshops in the Cotton Tree Chocolate factory, and lectures on the history and politics of this beloved confection.
Itinerary includes entrance to the Toledo Cacao Festival and:
• A welcome dinner and chocolate tasting
• Visits to local cacao farms, where you can pick and taste the cacao fruit and participate in the drying and fermenting processes
• A chocolate making workshop in a local Maya home, using traditional methods
• A chance to plant and tag your own cacao tree on the Cotton Tree Lodge plantation
• Access to the Cotton Tree Chocolate factory, where you will learn modern methods of roasting, milling, winnowing, liquefying, tempering, and molding, through the course of several workshops
• A trip to the Punta Gorda farmers market, where cacao, local produce, and native crafts are sold
• A meeting with the Toledo Cacao Growers Association to learn about issues of fair trade
• Free time to participate in popular Cotton Tree Lodge trips, including Blue Creek Cave, Lubaantun Mayan Ruins, or Nim Li Punit
• The opportunity to complete and take home your own bars of chocolate!
You can even choose to upgrade to the Girl's Ultimate Chocolate Getaway Package, which includes snorkeling, massages, and more!