The NW Chocolate Festival 2014 will be two days of pure chocolate decadence. You will sample chocolate from the finest artisan chocolate and pastry makers, plus have opportunities to learn a great deal about its origins, processing, culinary explorations, and more! The festival hosts 50+ workshops and demonstrations led by top culinary professionals and award winning artisan chocolatiers. We aim to share experiences in chocolate from farm, to bar, and beyond.
Previous festival guests have experienced…
- Award-winning chocolate makers sharing their expertise on chocolate and their craft.
- Tastings to learn how to distinguish fine chocolate from different origins around the world.
- The crushing of cacao beans by hand using traditional tools.
- Live chocolate making demonstrations, from bean to bar.
- Workshops on how to temper chocolate, make truffles, ganaches, and fine pastry desserts.
- Opportunities to speak with cacao farmers from Ecuador and Peru.
- Fresh cacao fruit recently harvested from the cocoa tree, a rare experience in the United States. Guests were invited to taste the fruit.
- The “Aphrodisiac Room” where beer, wine, and spirits partners teamed up with chocolate makers to expand guests’ palates with unique chocolate and drink pairings.
- Kids Zone with fun activities for kids.