The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

News (228)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Certified sustainable cocoa from Ivory Coast

Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate is aiming to have 10,000 tonnes of UTZ-certified cocoa available for the market in 2010, as the first two Ivory…

Started by Clay Gordon

1 Sep 18, 2009
Reply by NodeDog

Men (at least Kiwi men) like meat-flavoured chocolate

A meat flavoured chocolate developed is popular with men in New Zealand, according to its creator, a food chemist-turned-chocolatier. Hann…

Started by Clay Gordon

0 Sep 17, 2009

liquor cocoa Arriba

Estimate (A) Seeking strategic alliances for the marketing of products such as organic or conventional cocoa liquor or cocoa for the gourme…

Started by Hector Velásquez

0 Sep 14, 2009

Cacao growing in Jamaica

Does anyone have information about plantations in Jamaica? Any major producers on the island? Would love to know more about the climate for…

Started by Sonja

0 Sep 14, 2009

Green and Black's Willy Wonka Talks (and tastes) - video

The head of taste, Micah Carr-Hill, at Green & Blacks recently did a talk at Leap Anywhere HQ...there were fun and games...prepare to b…

Started by Jack Wilson

0 Aug 25, 2009

Documentary on chocolate ...PLEASE!

Hi ! I am new in this forum and very excited to be here. I live in Israel and will be opening a chocolate shop and visiting centre soon. I…

Started by Limor Drucker

11 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Limor Drucker

Chocolate Rush Festival

Location Melbourne Australia, 8th and 9th of August 2009. Looks interesting, fairly progressive for Australia, still a long long way to go…

Started by Tom

0 Aug 5, 2009

Venezuela's Cacao Plantations Stir Bitterness

There is an interesting article on the current state of the cacao industry in Venezuela in today's (July 29, 2007) NY Times (registration m…

Started by Clay Gordon

1 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Jeff Stern

The Craft Chocolate-Maker's Handbook. Call for Submissions.

Ever since I got done with my first book, people have been asking me about the next one. After nearly two years of considering a bunch of d…

Started by Clay Gordon

2 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Tom

Cadbury Old Gold - The Travesty Continues. Can you say Recall?

In this thread, Tom brought to our attention Cadbury's less than realistic presentation of cacao in (just barely) pre-Colombian Mesomerica.…

Started by Clay Gordon

0 Jul 20, 2009

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.