The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Chocolate Education (64)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Uses for cocoa leaves and bloom.

I've been told that young leaves make for excellent salad but I also recall reading that cocoa leaves have a level of toxicity, so I'm not…

Started by Ning-Geng Ong

1 Oct 30, 2010
Reply by Nat

Locating A Source Of Black Candy Boxes

HI Everybody   Was wondering if any one knows of a good source of black boxes.  I have been trying to locate some on the east coast.  Any o…

Started by Sadruddin Abdullah

2 Oct 12, 2010
Reply by Sadruddin Abdullah

Wikipedia needs some help with "couverture"

Anyone have time to fix some of this?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Couverture_chocolate  or at least want to discuss the errors on here?

Started by Nat

0 Sep 22, 2010

Exhibitions and training

Hey there beautiful chocomaniacs,   I'm searching the net for different exhibitions/training for professioal chocolatiers and confectioners…

Started by Omar Forastero

0 Sep 17, 2010

Need Ideas for an Advanced Chocolate Course - what would people want to learn?

Brian Donaghy - pastry chef at Tomric - and I have been discussing running an advanced chocolate course aimed at artisan chocolate makers w…

Started by Kerry

38 Sep 16, 2010
Reply by Pamela Goldman

What relationship do high quality, non-artisanal chocolate makers have with the cacao farmers/plantations?

And can such a general question even be asked? I am thinking of companies like Amedei, Bonnat, Cluizel, Domori, Pralus to mention a few. I…

Started by Sunita de Tourreil

19 Sep 15, 2010
Reply by Patrick Pineda

"The Secrets of Chocolate" on Discovery - only in the US? - pity...

Thanks to Clay for sending out info on the upcoming program "The Secrets of Chocolate" on the How Stuff Works series on Discovery.  I check…

Started by Lana

1 Aug 30, 2010
Reply by Chuck Pheterson

How Did You Choose Your Market Location

Hi All, As someone who is just beginning to learn about chocolate and dreaming about  having my own business in a few years, I'm starting t…

Started by Jeff Slaughter

8 Aug 10, 2010
Reply by Michelle-Jo Garfield

Data on chocolate companies and the potential growth

Hi all,Can any of you help me to get the data on how many companies are making bean to bar now. Is there any report that talks about the be…

Started by Andal Balu

1 Jul 20, 2010
Reply by Brent Peters

"Cocoa and Chocolate Their History from Plantation to Consumer"

I just found this free online e book  (Click to view)Cocoa and Chocolate Their History from Plantation to Consumer  by Arthur W. Kna…

Started by heather andall

9 May 25, 2010
Reply by heather andall

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc