The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Micro-Batch "Homebrew" Chocolate (37)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Equipment

I am having a difficult time looking for equipment to start making chocolate. I've never made any before and don't want to spend thousands…

Started by Roy McClish

11 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by Ben Rasmussen

Agave in Chocolate Formula

I was wondering, can one use Agave syrup instead of sugar in a chocolate formulation when making it from scratch? what are the pros and con…

Started by Daniela Vasquez

0 Oct 21, 2012

pregrinders

Greetings all, I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice on pregrinders. I have been using the champion juicer which is slow and mess…

Started by Adam Kavalier

12 Sep 29, 2012
Reply by Adam Kavalier

Time in Melangeur and storage

If I do a 1 lb batch of chocolate at home with 10 hours in the melangeur (Santha) and then do everything the same except a 3lb batch. Would…

Started by Lane Wigley

1 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Gap

Drain Frame for wet grinder.

A simple angle steel frame bolted together to hold the grinding stones above an Ultra wet grinder. This can help when cleaning the finished…

Started by Frank Schmidt

4 Apr 14, 2012
Reply by Ernesto Bugarin Pantua Jr.

Fermenting Cacao Seeds: To Drain or Not to Drain?

A ChocolateLife member from Hawaii sent me the following question (lightly edited). As there are a number of cacao growers who are members,…

Started by Clay Gordon

4 Apr 13, 2012
Reply by Sebastian

Adding Cacao Butter

For the last two months, I have been making small batches of chocolate using paste made by two different women cooperatives in the Dominica…

Started by Thomas Forbes

7 Jan 6, 2012
Reply by Thomas Forbes

Making Chocolate at Home

Looking for a little advice on how to better work with the chocolate as I go through the process of learning.  I purchased a Cocoa Town mel…

Started by Thomas Forbes

2 Nov 25, 2011
Reply by Thomas Forbes

Wet grinders in the U.K

Greetings to all at chocolate life,    I am looking for a wet grinder for small scale chocolate conching but am having difficulty in the U.…

Started by Joseph Davies

15 Feb 2, 2011
Reply by Clay Gordon

Cocoa beans at great prices

Clay I noticed that you are selling small amounts of beans. I make chocolate at home and am interested in trying some of the origins. I was…

Started by Tom

23 Jan 6, 2010
Reply by Sacred Steve

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc