The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Opinion (280)

Featured Discussions

Chocolates of Ecuador -- Arriba, Nacional, CCN51

There is debate about the Arriba bean and whether indeed there is any such thing any longer. Some say that Arriba is one bean in a category…

Started by CaseyLatest Reply

What Makes an Artisan Chocolate Artisan?

Is artisan an overused word? Can a chain as large as Starbucks lay claim to the artisan label when it comes to a Starbucks-labeled chocolat…

Started by Clay GordonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Santha Vs Cocoatown

Hi there, I'm looking to purchase either the Santha Spectra 65 or the Cocoatown ECGC 65 and wanted to see if anyone has experience using b…

Started by Sabrina M

0 Jul 23

Sprayer for Chocolate

What is the best spray gun for chocolate? I heard that Krebs guns are good, looking for info from anyone who has used them or any other bra…

Started by Chef Dave

2 Jul 22
Reply by KREBS Chocolate sprayer

looking for a decent tempering machine ASAP

Hi I'm starting a small home business and  would like to by a good used tempering machine! Not looking for any particular kind just a good…

Started by sabrina

11 Jul 21
Reply by Larry

Chocolate for tempering?

I was wonder what chocolate people use for candy making? I need all 3 milk, dark and white. I was looking for a good brand that won't kill…

Started by Bryan

0 Jul 21

Salesperson

Hi, has anyone here ever hired an outside salesperson? I'm considering it on commission only. Any idea what the normal percentage is for th…

Started by Krista

5 Jul 18
Reply by Krista

cacao cucina

Anyone able to offer reviews/have personal experience with their equipment (any item of it?)   While I'm not looking to get into bean-bar r…

Started by Jessica Conrad

28 Jul 10
Reply by Mark Allan

Medical Marijuana / Chocolate please share your experiences

As the debate heats up regarding the recreational use of marijuana, it is legal in 23 states for it use for medical reasons.  Can any share…

Started by Paul DeFruscio

7 Jun 8
Reply by Greg Gould

Bakon 123 vs Mol d'Art melter

I'm looking at buying my first melter, simply to melt and not temper, likely the Bakon 123 Mini or Mol d'Art 6kg, and I'm curious if anyone…

Started by Stephen Cobb

2 Jun 8
Reply by Stephen Cobb

What the Chocolate Industry Needs is A $100 Bar of Chocolate

When I was in London a couple of weeks ago speaking at the Academy of Chocolate conference, I had the great privilege of being the last spe…

Started by Clay Gordon

77 May 28
Reply by The Chocolate Tourist

Superheated steam roasters

Hi there, anybody have experience with the new method of superheated steam roasting?  Or the roasters them selves and wether or not it woul…

Started by Ash Maki

15 May 28
Reply by Ash Maki

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc