The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Opinion (266)

Featured Discussions

Chocolates of Ecuador -- Arriba, Nacional, CCN51

There is debate about the Arriba bean and whether indeed there is any such thing any longer. Some say that Arriba is one bean in a category…

Started by CaseyLatest Reply

What Makes an Artisan Chocolate Artisan?

Is artisan an overused word? Can a chain as large as Starbucks lay claim to the artisan label when it comes to a Starbucks-labeled chocolat…

Started by Clay GordonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Guitar cutter

I am thinking of biting the bullet and buying a guitar cutter, and looking for a supplier in Canada. Anyone know of anyone? or even a used…

Started by Dirke

5 6 hours ago
Reply by Daniel Herskovic

Callebaut Chocolate Academy

Has anyone ever attended the Callebaut Chocolate Academy Classes??  Any thoughts about your experience would be greatly appreciated.   Th…

Started by matt black

5 Apr 13
Reply by david smith

Looking for a used granit melanger

Hello, We are starting a project of bean to bar processing on farm in Costa Rica and currently looking for used equipment. Any advice one w…

Started by Alon Farber

0 Apr 11

Initial Thoughts: CHOCOA 2014

Chocoa Trade Fair, Conference, and Festival March 27-31, 2014 Amsterdam The program for the 2nd CHOCOA Conference was and is ambitious. Th…

Started by Clay Gordon

7 Apr 6
Reply by Vera Hofman

Sprayer for Chocolate

What is the best spray gun for chocolate? I heard that Krebs guns are good, looking for info from anyone who has used them or any other bra…

Started by Chef Dave

1 Apr 4
Reply by Urs Scherziger

New image for my chocolates.

What do you think? any suggestions?

Started by Dario M. Agesilao

4 Apr 3
Reply by Dario M. Agesilao

starting a chocolate workshop

Hello there I live in South Africa and will be completing a chocolate course with Ecole Chocolat soon. I am really enjoying working with c…

Started by Shanta Reddy

1 Apr 2
Reply by Anjali Gupta

Chocolate prices.

In North Carolina I've noticed a shift in chocolate prices from full retail to a more value oriented approach. This is not encouraging news…

Started by It's Chocolate

3 Mar 31
Reply by Andy Ciordia

Selmi Legend and R200 - Thoughts? Comments?

Greetings everyone, I'm in the beginning phases of starting a chocolate business and am looking at purchasing the Selmi Legend.  As far as…

Started by Jonathan Lee

5 Mar 18
Reply by Clay Gordon

Chocolate bars sold at bakery stores?

I will commence distributing bars to candy stores and my second line option are pastry/bakery shops that targets middle class. The chocolat…

Started by Wannabe Chocolatier

0 Mar 16

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge