The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Opinion (295)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

rating small businesses locally

I realize that the U.S. and Canada are huge and so rating small businesses perhaps does not have much effect. In my area chocolatiers get r…

Started by Ilana

2 Jun 21, 2011
Reply by Ilana

Cemoi

Hi Folks, A few quick questions about Cemoi couverture, What is it like to work with? How does it stack up compared to other couvertures o…

Started by Stu Jordan

0 Jun 8, 2011

Lecithin substitute

I was reading about ammonium phosphatide and its application in chocolate making as a substitute to lecithin. Through my research so far, i…

Started by Omar Forastero

17 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by Ice Blocks!

Robot Coupe vs. Thermomix?

I am thinking of adding another piece if equipment to all of my kitchen gear.  I am thinking of either a Robot Coupe or a Thermamix.  I wan…

Started by Andrea Bauer

5 May 29, 2011
Reply by Andrea Bauer

Device Cutter for centers with nuts and fruit review/opinion wanted.

Doing the homework and looking for a Guitar I ran into a "Device Cutter" at Chocolate world. It seems to do everything the guitar does and…

Started by David Marcoe

1 May 28, 2011
Reply by Kerry

Charging for R&D

We are a small company and have had a few inquires to have new products made for them.  In what ways do you charge?  Hourly + ingredients? …

Started by Ricky Sanders

0 May 2, 2011

The Perfect Chocolate Kitchen ...

I am writing the second in a series of articles for Dessert Professional magazine on "Perfect Kitchens" (the first was on ice cream and gel…

Started by Clay Gordon

6 May 1, 2011
Reply by Wendy Buckner

Colored Cocoa Butters from ChefRubber

I'm looking to start using colored cocoa butters from Chef Rubber.  It seems they offer many lines of colors including Artisan, Decor Jewel…

Started by George Trejo

12 Apr 20, 2011
Reply by Shelley Fields

Open Question regarding artisan chocolates marketing study

I apologize if this question would be better suited to the START UP CENTRAL GROUP, (and if it is, we can always discuss this topic in there…

Started by Eric Cayton

1 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by Emay Wang

Marshmallows in Hot Chocolate

I am curious to know why people like (or dislike) marshmallows in hot chocolate.

Started by Tom

21 Mar 30, 2011
Reply by Ice Blocks!

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc