The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Opinion (302)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chocoma Enrober

Is anyone familiar with a Denmark made Chocoma Enrober?  I'd like to know your thoughts on this.  Is there a US distributor?    

Started by Mindy Fong

5 Sep 24, 2011
Reply by Richard Foley

better pricing for better cacao

Today we had a group of cacao growers from Santo Domingo, Ecuador.  The discussion was about how they get paid.  Typically growers take the…

Started by Joseph Meza

31 Sep 16, 2011
Reply by Sebastian

Chocolate and water do mix

Anyone tried this before? Water-based chocolates create 'far superior' flavors Love to hear your comments, gang.    

Started by Omar Forastero

5 Sep 9, 2011
Reply by Omar Forastero

Panning machine.

Hi everyone! Any ideas on which panning/dragee machine is a good one? Dont need a huge one, 20 kg is fine. Looking at union standard, ribbe…

Started by andy abramowich

1 Sep 6, 2011
Reply by Kerry

Elsinghurst chocolate melter

Hi,   We are interested in purchasing a new chocolate melter for our shop. Does anybody have any experience with the Elsinghurst melter? We…

Started by Brad Weimer

1 Sep 6, 2011
Reply by Brian Donaghy

What's YOUR Desert Island Chocolate?

You're stranded on a desert island and for some reason, you have the ability to choose some of what you're stranded with, including chocola…

Started by Clay Gordon

3 Jul 17, 2011
Reply by Melanie Boudar

What would an "ideal" ethical certification program look like?

The pros and cons, ins and outs, ups and downs, and good and bad of existing social certification programs have been an ongoing topic for d…

Started by Clay Gordon

6 Jul 8, 2011
Reply by brian horsley

rating small businesses locally

I realize that the U.S. and Canada are huge and so rating small businesses perhaps does not have much effect. In my area chocolatiers get r…

Started by Ilana

2 Jun 21, 2011
Reply by Ilana

Cemoi

Hi Folks, A few quick questions about Cemoi couverture, What is it like to work with? How does it stack up compared to other couvertures o…

Started by Stu Jordan

0 Jun 8, 2011

Lecithin substitute

I was reading about ammonium phosphatide and its application in chocolate making as a substitute to lecithin. Through my research so far, i…

Started by Omar Forastero

17 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by Ice Blocks!

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc