The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Opinion (280)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Reach Out, Lend a Hand - The Chocolate Life Microfinance Fund

Kiva.org provides an innovative funding mechanism offering micro-finance opportunities to entrepreneurs around the world. One such Kiva en…

Started by Clay Gordon

0 Apr 29, 2008

Caffeine and theobromine

I've read that chocolate may not even have caffeine in it after all but only similar stimulants, one of which is theobromine. What do you t…

Started by ChocoFiles

1 Apr 24, 2008
Reply by Alan McClure

Chocolate eating choices

How do you decide what chocolate to eat every day? Does it depend on your mood, interest or curiosity to try something new? Of the two pie…

Started by Seby Singh

0 Apr 23, 2008

What does "Master Chocolatier" mean anyway?

This term, as well as "maitre chocolatier" are floating all around the chocolate world, but my research hasn't turned up any authoritative…

Started by Sandra Andrews-Strasko

3 Mar 10, 2008
Reply by Bethany Thouin

Is It Okay (Really) To Say You Like Milk Chocolate?

On the day before Valentine's Day, the New York Times published an article in the Dining In section about milk chocolate titled: Dark May B…

Started by Clay Gordon

3 Mar 10, 2008
Reply by Bethany Thouin

Importing Flickr albums

A new member posted a link to an album of photos on Flickr. The software I use for this network does have the ability to enable people to…

Started by Clay Gordon

2 Feb 29, 2008
Reply by Clay Gordon

Is Cheap Name Brand Chocolate a Good Thing?

I was in one of my local Costcos (I am "blessed" to live near two) on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and I wandered down an aisle I normal…

Started by Clay Gordon

1 Feb 11, 2008
Reply by Valerie

Chocolate You Would Recommend?

I'm going to be at my "local" gourmet store tomorrow and hope to be picking up some new chocolate there. I'm hoping to try something new, a…

Started by Sera

14 Feb 6, 2008
Reply by Sera

Bonajuto Sicilian chocolatier

I am so glad I finally have a place to ask this question. I read an article about Bonajuto in Sicily a while ago and from their website (on…

Started by Lorna

3 Feb 2, 2008
Reply by Casey

Review of the Glendale Chocolate Affaire

Sadly, this "Affaire" was less of a chocolate affair than a trinkets, funnel cakes and and tie-dye affair. Oh, there were chocolate pizzas…

Started by Holly & Paul Stabin

0 Feb 2, 2008

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge