The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tasting Notes (226)

Featured Discussions

Group Review - Fortunato #4

This is the first in what I hope will be a regular series (at least quarterly) of Group Reviews, a new feature for 2014 here on TheChocolat…

Started by Clay GordonLatest Reply

Weird Flavors and Inclusions in Chocolate

What's the weirdest flavor/inclusion combination you've not only heard of in chocolate but have actually eaten? Inquiring chocolate minds…

How Are You Making These Holidays Special with Chocolate?

It was a frigid 19 degrees F when I woke up this morning, with wind chill down to 5 degrees. Winter is here (though officially still 10 day…

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Winnower needed!! Help

We are cacao farmers and chocolate makers working 4 kilos at a time. We hand winnow and we would like to either build a winnower (electric)…

Started by TalamancaOrganicaCacao&Chocolate

2 on Friday
Reply by TalamancaOrganicaCacao&Chocolate

Damage to Chocolate - Low Temperature Exposure?

Does anyone know if storing dark chocolate at temperatures near freezing (35-45 F) can damage it so that it becomes very difficult to retem…

Started by baumgrenze

2 on Friday
Reply by baumgrenze

peanut butter meltaway problem

I've been making a peanut butter meltaway using peanut butter, milk chocolate and coconut oil. There are times when that meltaway center de…

Started by Nicole

5 on Thursday
Reply by Nicole

What's your favorite Whole Milk Powder???

Hey everyone I'm looking to test out some new whole milk powders!  I was sourcing some from a farm in Fresno, CA but now I'm looking for so…

Started by Matt

2 on Tuesday
Reply by Matt

Renting space and contracting for chocolate production

I have a small bean to bar chocolate company that focuses on single origin bars.  I've been slowly growing, and I've reached the pointed wh…

Started by Mike Condo

2 Dec 13
Reply by Mike Condo

adding flavorings - help needed

I haven't gotten a level where I am producing the chocolate in my kitchen.... rather my homemade chocolates are just melted down dark choco…

Started by Cary Chilton

3 Dec 6
Reply by Larry

Weird Flavors and Inclusions in Chocolate

What's the weirdest flavor/inclusion combination you've not only heard of in chocolate but have actually eaten? Inquiring chocolate minds…

Started by Clay Gordon

150 Dec 4
Reply by Seth A. Hager

Adding melted chocolate to tempered chocolate

Hello All.  I have a Bakon mini enrober that I'm having issues with and I also use a chocovision delta.  At this point I'd at least like to…

Started by John Duxbury

11 Dec 1
Reply by Jim Dutton

new album

Hi, I just created an album for myself... Joey's Chocolates.... Hope you can take the time to have a look. Hugs, Joey

Started by Georgina Joey Ledlie

0 Nov 28

my new chocolates

Hello, I have added these chocolates to my list. Hope the photo is OK to post. Hugs, joey

Started by Georgina Joey Ledlie

0 Nov 28

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.