The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tasting Notes (199)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is it safe to make truffles without enrobing?

Hi, I have been making truffles for quite some time, but have never been happy with the hard shells. What I'm looking for is a soft truffle…

Started by Caroline White

9 Dec 5, 2012
Reply by Lana

Any criollo bars?

I'm a chocolate lover who has tried many types, and decided that I like chocolate made from criollo beans best.  But most manufacturers don…

Started by Arnold Ismach

0 Dec 4, 2012

Making a large hollow figure

In getting ready for christmas, I've got plenty of smaller figures "in storage" for the time being, but now I need a few "super Santas" for…

Started by Edward J

2 Nov 18, 2012
Reply by Omar Forastero

Tuning your guitar

I know, I must have too much time on my hands, but I was wondering if anyone "tunes" their guitar. It makes sense that the wires are the sa…

Started by Ruth Atkinson Kendrick

2 Nov 16, 2012
Reply by Lana

Need to find a Roaster and Winnower

Greetings Chocolate Lifers! I'm new to the forum, but I'm working on a project in Belize were we'll be doing bean to bar production. I'm on…

Started by Matthew Runeare

1 Nov 13, 2012
Reply by Rifat Tuzcuoglu

New to chocolates, ganache advice

Hi, I have stumbled into a chocolate business and now I am madly researching trying to learn as much as I can.   I need a lot of advice lol…

Started by Heather Panchyshyn

4 Nov 6, 2012
Reply by Daniela Vasquez

Pralus Chuao - a stylistic discussion

Has anyone tried the Chuao bar from Pralus? Like to know what people are thinking about it.Personally, I think it is a perfect representati…

Started by Matt Caputo

12 Nov 6, 2012
Reply by Lane Wigley

Salted Caramel

I just did a salted caramel chocolate with a 70% dark chocolate shell and a cream caramel with sea salt. It's great, but I was wondering if…

Started by Daniela Vasquez

0 Oct 18, 2012

chocolate bitterness and astringent.

hello! chocolattier,  can any body help me how to remove the bitterness and astingent in dark chocolate?

Started by lim.cezar

2 Oct 16, 2012
Reply by lim.cezar

effect of lecithin on viscosity and its affinity for sugar i.e how it reacts with sugar?

Hi friends please tell me the effect of lecithin on viscosity and its affinity for sugar i.e how it reacts with sugar?

Started by Bindiya sharma

2 Oct 12, 2012
Reply by Sebastian

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc