The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tasting Notes (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dark milk chocolate

Hello, I am trying to make my first dark milk chocolate from the beans, and I have some problems about grinding and conching. I do not add…

Started by Maria

9 Feb 1, 2012
Reply by Thomas Forbes

Avoid melting

Hi all, I am new to the forum, so hi! I am wondering what sort of chocolate you use when making small chocolates so they don't melt? I make…

Started by Tarah Dorling

0 Dec 28, 2011

Bitterness

I am struggling some with "bitterness".  My thinking is that I am running the nibs through the Juicer too many times trying to get the coco…

Started by Daniel Mollsen

27 Dec 21, 2011
Reply by Sebastian

SPAGnVOLA Chocolate

Came across their website today and it looks fantastic.  As anyone tried their chocolate.  This couple is my role model.  If you can so a…

Started by Thomas Forbes

0 Dec 10, 2011

Induction burner for tempering chocolate?

Hi! I'm a chocolate hobbyist who is trying to set up a chocolate work bench away from the proper kitchen in our basement.  I was hoping to…

Started by Ken Culver

1 Dec 7, 2011
Reply by Clay Gordon

Taza 80%

How do you guys feel about the Taza 80% bar?   I bought a bar over the weekend and have made a pretty nice dent into it.   But I don't know…

Started by Matthew

2 Nov 30, 2011
Reply by Matthew

Looking to buys block milk chocolate for a small bussiness

We just bought a temper and we need to know where to buy bilk block milk chocolate for tempering.  Please let us know.   Thanks Gary

Started by Gary Butler

0 Nov 22, 2011

Legal Jargon: Alcohol in Confectionery

Here's a line from the DC city code.  Can anyone tell me what the last clause means:   [Confectionery is considered adulterated if it]:   "…

Started by Craig Boreth

1 Sep 29, 2011
Reply by Sebastian

Cost of couverture in Australia

Hi We operate a medium sized chocolate business in a tourist town in the very south of Western Australia. We have been trading for nearly t…

Started by Chris Grain

2 Sep 4, 2011
Reply by Richard Foley

recipe for caramel

i have a fairly new chocolate company and have lots of calls for nut turtles and nut clusters is there any way i can get a good caramel rec…

Started by Benny Imani

1 Aug 6, 2011
Reply by Ice Blocks!

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc