The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tasting Notes (193)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

World's Rarest Chocolate? Anyone care to weigh in?

A link to this website was just sent to me.  I'd be interested in reading what people think...   http://www.maranonchocolate.com   I look f…

Started by Brad Churchill

19 Mar 20, 2012
Reply by Brad Churchill

Fondant & Margarine in a ganache recipe??!!

Hi, I have recently seen a range of truffles using fondant and margarine in their ingredients list. I have seen glucose and invert sugar us…

Started by Al Garnsworthy

1 Mar 15, 2012
Reply by Brad Churchill

Samoan cocoa beans

4 months ago I was walking through a cocoa plantation in Samoa I didn't know I had. 30 minutes into my walk, thoughts of excitement and gra…

Started by richard david

4 Mar 8, 2012
Reply by Tom

valrhona chocolate ... the best of each category?

Hi, I want to know what is the best general valrhona chocolate in each category of bittersweet, semisweet, milk and white chocolate. Ther…

Started by james mackay

3 Mar 6, 2012
Reply by ChocoFiles

Milk chocolate from the beans

Hello !  I make dark milk chocolate ( 60%) and I would like to try to make milk chocolate... 25% or 30% of nibs. Do you have some advices…

Started by Maria

3 Mar 3, 2012
Reply by Felipe Jaramillo F.

2-Piece Rabbit Molds

Does anyone know the proper way to use these two-piece molds? This style has two buttons that let the two pieces "snap" together. Should I…

Started by Robby Booth

5 Feb 28, 2012
Reply by Kerry

Decaffeinated chocolate

I've been waiting all my life for someone, someone who nows how to make good chocolate to make caffein-free chocolate: http://daisybrain.wo

Started by Eric Indiana

1 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by Nat

How much chocolate do you eat per day, on average?

When I read that Chloe Doutre-Roussel in The Chocolate Connoisseur wrote that she ate something like a pound of chocolate a day, I didn't b…

Started by Keith Ayoob

26 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by Irina Mateescu

Dark milk chocolate

Hello, I am trying to make my first dark milk chocolate from the beans, and I have some problems about grinding and conching. I do not add…

Started by Maria

9 Feb 1, 2012
Reply by Thomas Forbes

Avoid melting

Hi all, I am new to the forum, so hi! I am wondering what sort of chocolate you use when making small chocolates so they don't melt? I make…

Started by Tarah Dorling

0 Dec 28, 2011

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge