The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tasting Notes (199)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sahagun Coffee Bar

Not a chocolate bar, but made in the same vein, has anyone tried Sahagun's coffee bar in Portland? I'd like to try it, or try making my own…

Started by Nat

7 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by Nat

Suggestions for wedding chocolate tastings??

We are hoping to start having tastings for bridal parties to help generate more wedding favor sales.  Does anyone have any experience doing…

Started by Wendy Buckner

5 Jul 20, 2010
Reply by Robert Cabeca

What are your favorite adult beverages to pair with chocolates?

In my book I devote a whole chapter to pairing wines and chocolates. Over the past few years I've tasted dozens of wines (some fabulous, so…

Started by Clay Gordon

24 Jun 3, 2010
Reply by Vanessa Chang

Maglio Bars

Has anyone tasted bars by Maglio of Italy? Any information about the company, etc.

Started by Susan C

1 May 4, 2010
Reply by Hector Velásquez

Hawaiian Chocolate

Has anyone tried Hawaiian Vintage Chocolate? If so, what do you think? Are they bean to bar? Their website is vague about the beans they…

Started by ChocoFiles

18 Feb 11, 2010
Reply by Kristina

My First Valentine's!

This is my first Valentine's season and I am starting to freak out (probably unnecessarily!). We have just gone through Xmas and New Year's…

Started by Andre Costa

8 Jan 27, 2010
Reply by Andre Costa

notes on flavor

Genetics, terroir, fermentation and drying along with other post harvesting and processing stages can all play a role in the flavor of the…

Started by Brady

17 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Eric G

Valrhona Chuao 2002

I'm currently tasting and reviewing a Valrhona Chuao 2002 bar, but I've got several questions. 1) Why is it named "2002"? Is this for the…

Started by ChocoFiles

3 Dec 15, 2009
Reply by Casey

Fondeurs

As I review chocolate bars I make note of whether a company is a "bean to bar" company or a "fondeur". I'd like to use this thread to ask w…

Started by ChocoFiles

3 Dec 11, 2009
Reply by Clay Gordon

Giving Thanks to Chocolate ...

Tomorrow is Turkey Day and I wonder how many of us are incorporating chocolate into our plans to celebrate. Not many people know that the…

Started by Clay Gordon

1 Dec 2, 2009
Reply by Casey

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc