The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tasting Notes (193)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Survey of customers

I'm currently in the product development stage and would like to survey my tasters about the items that they are trying out. Has anyone had…

Started by Elaine Hsieh

1 Jan 10, 2009
Reply by Robert Shea

Wholesale Fair Trade Organic chocolate

Can somebody please help me? I run a small gourmet toffee business in Dayton OH. I have 4 different flavors of toffee and currently use bel…

Started by Sarah Thieben

2 Nov 3, 2008
Reply by Clay Gordon

Halloween's Upon Us. Your Faves?

I have admitted elsewhere that Halloween is the one time of the year where I break down and eat candy. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Almond J…

Started by Clay Gordon

1 Oct 15, 2008
Reply by Teresa Cordero Cordell

Debauve & Gallais bars

I recently had the Debauve & Gallais' Tamave bar which is a 65% Madagascar bar. Although they're not a bean-to-bar producer, I was very…

Started by Rumi

0 Sep 9, 2008

To conche or not to conche?

In the European and North American markets not many make chocolate with no conche, in what could be loosely termed the Mexican vs. European…

Started by Casey

4 Jul 6, 2008
Reply by Clay Gordon

Comparing the styles of Chocolate Makers

For a chocolate connoisseur or an aspiring one, I think a study of the styles of individual chocolate companies is very useful. A few years…

Started by Brady

15 Jun 30, 2008
Reply by Alan McClure

Dutched Valrhona?

Does anybody know whether the Valrhona's sublime cocoa powder is dutch-process? I know Scharffen Berger & Hershey make natural cocoa po…

Started by Susie Norris

5 May 20, 2008
Reply by Susie Norris

Pralus le 100% ... different flavor?

At the lovely shop I work at, we just got a couple of boxes of Pralus le 100%. The packaging is new to us, with mostly beige and only a cou…

Started by sabrina hicks

1 May 17, 2008
Reply by Clay Gordon

Free Bean to Bar chocolate in exchange for critique

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in receiving a sample of my bean to bar chocolate in exchange for an HONEST critique. I h…

Started by Hallot Parson

8 May 6, 2008
Reply by ChocoFiles

White Chocolate- is it really chocolate?

I took Casey's suggestion from her Chocolate Note blog (http://chocolatenote.blogspot.com/2007/11/el-rey-icoa-white-chocolate.html) and I'm…

Started by ChocoFiles

6 May 4, 2008
Reply by Sera

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc