The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tasting Notes (207)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nibs

I've been playing with nibs a lot lately, trying them from several different sources, and have found that each one has very distinct flavor…

Started by Jonathan Walpole

3 Nov 8, 2009
Reply by Tom

Describing chocolate

Clay, I read with great interest on your blog about attempts to find new ways to describe the taste of chocolate that isn't dependent on o…

Started by ChocoFiles

19 Nov 6, 2009
Reply by Clay Gordon

Tips for pairing chocolate and whisky?

hi Cacao lovers, I'm preparing a first whiskey / chocolate pairing and would love to hear your tips/expertise and advice I have mainly Eur…

Started by Evert-Jan De Kort (Choqoa.com)

4 Nov 3, 2009
Reply by Evert-Jan De Kort (Choqoa.com)

Chocolate and wine, my two favorite things

I am a newbie into the world of making chocolate, I have been reading about making chocolate, playing and experimenting and lovin every min…

Started by Dirke Botsford

0 Oct 5, 2009

The C-Spot Chocolate Rating Site Online Soon

After several years in development the new chocolate rating site, the C-Spot will soon be on-line. www.c-spot.com

Started by Bruce Toy (Coppeneur)

3 May 8, 2009
Reply by Clay Gordon

Domori- are they bean to bar?

In an excerpt from her book *Chocolate Connoisseur* Chloe Doutre-Roussell said this about Domori: "I want to know more about the company. F…

Started by ChocoFiles

12 May 1, 2009
Reply by david castellan

Liquors for use in chocolate ganaches

I am needing to put a database together for all of us that don't have extensive knowledge of which liquor is the best flavor for it's kind,…

Started by Annette Jimison

5 Apr 19, 2009
Reply by Brad Churchill

Kallari Chocolate

I'm curious -- has anyone tried "Kallari Chocolate"? I first learned about the company in the New York Times. In case you're interested, he…

Started by Emily

7 Apr 14, 2009
Reply by Casey

How is cocoa butter produced?

There's quite a few sites on the net advertising cold-pressed cocoa butters. On another post somewhere (which I cannot seem to find), someo…

Started by Lemm Huang

5 Mar 12, 2009
Reply by Langdon Stevenson

Best Chocolate for Fondue

Hi. I am looking for the best chocolate to be used for making fondue. I don't want any oils, waxes, etc to make it flow better, as I won't…

Started by JC Lee

4 Feb 27, 2009
Reply by Robert Shea

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc