The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tasting Notes (193)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Theo Chocolate Tasting Notes

One of the things I really love about my job is that people send me chocolate to eat. I come home and find boxes on my porch. Companies sen…

Started by Clay Gordon

1 Apr 30, 2008
Reply by Sarah Hart

Inside Rating Systems

There are many different approaches to rating chocolate. The most common is to assign on a number on a 1-10 or 1-100 scale. One challenge w…

Started by Clay Gordon

11 Apr 24, 2008
Reply by ChocoFiles

My Chocolate Journal

Hi Everyone, This is a great little community I stumbled upon today! Lots of great information. I wanted to also invite everyone over to…

Started by Patrick Sikes

7 Apr 24, 2008
Reply by Patrick Sikes

Favorite Chocolates?

Why don't we all share our favorite chocolate (I know, there's never one!) with our tasting notes? That way we can compare and contrast and…

Started by Sera

2 Apr 22, 2008
Reply by ChocoFiles

Can your palate be trained or are some just stronger than others?

I may not be using the term palate exactly right, but Im sad to say I think mine was just born weak. I have been a chocophile for over 20 y…

Started by Chocoflyer

4 Apr 18, 2008
Reply by Casey

Frey's rainbow of unique flavors bars.....

I will be adding photos soon to show the beautiful rainbow of flavors offered by Frey's Supreme line of choc- they are a Swiss co. that app…

Started by Chocoflyer

1 Apr 11, 2008
Reply by Chocoflyer

Tasting Notes: Terry's Toffee, Chicago

It's sort of hard to know where to begin when talking about Terry's Toffee, so I guess I will start at my beginning. I grew up in Southern…

Started by Clay Gordon

1 Apr 11, 2008
Reply by Chocoflyer

NEW Roca toffee thins and caramels!

Found these NEW Roca treats at the Walgreens ck out stand- what a sweet surprise! Made by Brown & Haley, the Almond Roca co., they com…

Started by Chocoflyer

0 Apr 9, 2008

Review of Sucre (New Orleans)

New Orleans has an outsized reputation for many things: it's a world-class party destination with great parades featuring lots of beads, gr…

Started by Clay Gordon

0 Mar 5, 2008

Charlemagne's Plain, Green Tea and Cinnamon Bars

Here's the tasting notes for the organicCharlemagne bars I bought last week. Charlemagne Plain Belize:(red wrapper): 84% solids. The de…

Started by Sera

1 Feb 7, 2008
Reply by Chocoflyer

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc