The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tasting Notes (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

perservatives in chocolate

I trying to learn a little of info on preservatives in chocolate candy bars and truffles. what's the benefit in adding preservative or not.…

Started by Chef Harold

2 Aug 15, 2013
Reply by Chef Harold

chocolate shelf life

How long could chocolate be sate to be consumed after the "best date before"?  I have bars of Lindt 70% dark chocolate and also Lindt white…

Started by Angel

1 Aug 5, 2013
Reply by Sebastian

vegan chocolate candy; non refined sugars

Hi all, I am new on the forum. I was wondering if they are some chocolatier on the forum specialized vegan chocolate candy and confectione…

Started by Herve Leber

0 Jul 16, 2013

A little Off-Topic Ice Cream question

Hello All.  I've been in The Chocolate Life for about 2 years now and find it very valuable: information-wise and purchasing-used-equipment…

Started by John Duxbury

2 Jul 15, 2013
Reply by John Duxbury

How to preserve chocolate sauce and caramel sauce safely?

I am interested in preserving homemade chocolate sauce as well as caramel sauce. Both of these items contain dairy products. I have been re…

Started by Daniel Herskovic

5 Jul 5, 2013
Reply by Sebastian

Strawberries and pepper truffles recipe anyone?

I a want to make a different ganache using strawberries and black pepper. Does anyone have a recipe? Any other flavors & combinations t…

Started by Patricia D.

0 Jun 20, 2013

Little Dipper

Hello, I found a Hillard, Little Dipper Tempering machine used for 850.00.  Can anyone tell me if that is a good price? Thanks, Cherri…

Started by Cherri Emery

0 Jun 16, 2013

What kind of dark chocolate pairs best with Sea Salt?

I've been trying out a bunch of chocolate varieties and trying to figure out which textures, flavors and aromas pair best with crispy flake…

Started by Darri

1 Jun 14, 2013
Reply by Clay Gordon

packaging for wholesale

Any referrals for sources for wholesale packaging of finished chocolates?  I have worked with these boxes before... they are about 9"H x 9"…

Started by Patricia Chapman

2 May 13, 2013
Reply by Patricia Chapman

Ki Xocolatl voted best tasting chocolate!

From the world famous THE CHOCOLATE ROOM BROOKLYN ...   "Single-Origin Tasting event [was] such a great success! In addition to sampling ou…

Started by Louis Varela

0 May 8, 2013

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge