The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tasting Notes (208)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Incredibly great flavors for chocolate!

Years ago, I ordered some "natural organic" flavors from Natures Flavors (or one of their doorway websites) and was very disappointed becau…

Started by Hank Friedman

3 Aug 30, 2013
Reply by Hank Friedman

Caramel Wrapping

It's time for me to start looking in to caramel wrapping equipment. I need something with a small footprint and something under $5,000 used…

Started by George Trejo

0 Aug 22, 2013

chocolate truffle

what's the best chocolate to use when making truffles? I have been playing around with some different things and thought I could just use t…

Started by Chef Harold

4 Aug 20, 2013
Reply by Chef Harold

weird chocolate texture

Hey everyone! Ive been playing with different beans in my melanguer and the last batch came out after 24hrs of conching. It was all fine a…

Started by Alan Caldwell

1 Aug 17, 2013
Reply by Sebastian

perservatives in chocolate

I trying to learn a little of info on preservatives in chocolate candy bars and truffles. what's the benefit in adding preservative or not.…

Started by Chef Harold

2 Aug 15, 2013
Reply by Chef Harold

chocolate shelf life

How long could chocolate be sate to be consumed after the "best date before"?  I have bars of Lindt 70% dark chocolate and also Lindt white…

Started by Angel

1 Aug 5, 2013
Reply by Sebastian

vegan chocolate candy; non refined sugars

Hi all, I am new on the forum. I was wondering if they are some chocolatier on the forum specialized vegan chocolate candy and confectione…

Started by Herve Leber

0 Jul 16, 2013

A little Off-Topic Ice Cream question

Hello All.  I've been in The Chocolate Life for about 2 years now and find it very valuable: information-wise and purchasing-used-equipment…

Started by John Duxbury

2 Jul 15, 2013
Reply by John Duxbury

How to preserve chocolate sauce and caramel sauce safely?

I am interested in preserving homemade chocolate sauce as well as caramel sauce. Both of these items contain dairy products. I have been re…

Started by Daniel Herskovic

5 Jul 5, 2013
Reply by Sebastian

Strawberries and pepper truffles recipe anyone?

I a want to make a different ganache using strawberries and black pepper. Does anyone have a recipe? Any other flavors & combinations t…

Started by Patricia D.

0 Jun 20, 2013

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge