The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (411)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mol d'Art

Anyone have any experience with Mol d'Art? I have one of their 15 Kg moulding machines that broke down one day after we started using it. T…

Started by GM

10 May 5, 2012
Reply by antonino allegra

Stuck Chocolate In Mold

Yesterday, made my second batch of chocolate molds using three pounds of dark chocolate. All the pieces came out of the molds perfectly, ex…

Started by Beth L. Evard

6 May 3, 2012
Reply by Beth L. Evard

Makeshift Tempering Machine

I was thinking of getting one of these:http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-2-Magnetic-Stirrer-Hot-Plate-Digital-Thermostat-300w-Heating-2000-rpm-/35

Started by John Doe

5 May 3, 2012
Reply by Edward J

Color fade

What is the best coloring method to prevent or decrease color fade? I’m currently using oil-based colorings (Chefmaster and some Wilton) wi…

Started by Mickey Miller

5 Apr 30, 2012
Reply by Andy Ciordia

To add extra cocoa butter OR NOT? (When tempering real chocolate)

Sooooooo, I went to Whole Foods and got a small block of chocolate (like top item pictured below). I'm going to experiment further in my ne…

Started by Erica Rodriguez-Anthony

3 Apr 28, 2012
Reply by Mark Wightman

Redipping bloomed chocolate

This is my first post. Today I tempered by seeding about 3kg of dark chocolate for dipping and molding. I did a temper test which was fine…

Started by Rosie

3 Apr 22, 2012
Reply by Andy Ciordia

Chocolate Thermometers

Ok, my tempering skills are not sharp. They are getting better but not there yet. I bought one of those paddle type of thermometers, but I…

Started by Steve Kurz

9 Apr 16, 2012
Reply by Rosie

What is the best equipment for cooking caramels

I make a lot of fleur de sel caramels and I am thinking of investing in specific equipment just for caramel production. Does any one have a…

Started by Daniel Herskovic

7 Apr 9, 2012
Reply by cheebs

Sugar crystal not breaking down in Melanguer after 24 hrs

35% sugar in my batch of chocolate has been in the melanguer for 24 hours. I used table sugar  thinking that the melanguer would take care…

Started by Ning-Geng Ong

2 Apr 6, 2012
Reply by Ning-Geng Ong

Help with CT60 Tempering machine

Hi! I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I seem to have hit the wrong mode on my CT60 chocotec machine, and now it won't let me turn u…

Started by charley M

0 Apr 1, 2012

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge