The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (436)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Co-manufacturing

Our small business has been approached to co-manufacture chocolates for another company that is a bean-to-bar that wants to add a confectio…

Started by Elaine Hsieh

3 Jul 12, 2012
Reply by Colin Green

Humidity? Too cold fridge? Problems with bloom

Hello! I'm new to this, so will welcome any advice. I'm tempering by hand, using a double pan, recently using tempering aid but have also u…

Started by Tony

17 Jul 12, 2012
Reply by Tony

Cacao Field Testing Equipment Needed!

I will soon be heading to some cacao growing areas in SE Asia, and would like to get some recommendations for good quality/price cacao test…

Started by vincent mourou

4 Jul 8, 2012
Reply by Orson V. Galvão

Selmi One & Injection Plate?

Looking at the Selmi one and the Plus and on up, there appear to be no differences in connection where the injection plate would mount for…

Started by Brent Peters

6 Jul 4, 2012
Reply by Mike

Newbie home maker

I am a new chocolate re-melter I have successfully tempered chocolate using the heat-cool/seed-heat method, but I have young kids so havin…

Started by Danelle Dehne

6 Jun 29, 2012
Reply by Danelle Dehne

anyone with silicone mould making experience?

My "chocoalte room" is visible to the public in our small store, and no matter how hard I try to keep clean, the melters are always a mess,…

Started by Edward J

5 Jun 26, 2012
Reply by Clay Gordon

Astringency

I encountered with something very weird during conching (Is it?). I roast this set of beans, and it smells so nice, during the first 3 hour…

Started by Panod

1 Jun 18, 2012
Reply by Sebastian

Shelf Life of Chocolates

I have a small chocolate business where I produce hand crafted, ganache filled chocolates with a three week shelf life. I have a customer t…

Started by Sadruddin Abdullah

35 Jun 18, 2012
Reply by Edward J

wrapping chocolate

Hello everyone...do you guys think i can wrap my chocolate bars using some kind of celofane paper, wrap tightly and then put a sticker on?…

Started by Christine de Massis

5 Jun 11, 2012
Reply by Rick Kiyak-Boughton

Need to know about parts/manual availability for this machine.

We purchased this ChocoTec temperer off of ebay awhile back. It came w/o a manual and it works as expected - a digital thermostat allows th…

Started by Brandon Buckner

12 Jun 6, 2012
Reply by Bill Tice

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc