The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (440)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Astringency

I encountered with something very weird during conching (Is it?). I roast this set of beans, and it smells so nice, during the first 3 hour…

Started by Panod

1 Jun 18, 2012
Reply by Sebastian

Shelf Life of Chocolates

I have a small chocolate business where I produce hand crafted, ganache filled chocolates with a three week shelf life. I have a customer t…

Started by Sadruddin Abdullah

35 Jun 18, 2012
Reply by Edward J

wrapping chocolate

Hello everyone...do you guys think i can wrap my chocolate bars using some kind of celofane paper, wrap tightly and then put a sticker on?…

Started by Christine de Massis

5 Jun 11, 2012
Reply by Rick Kiyak-Boughton

Need to know about parts/manual availability for this machine.

We purchased this ChocoTec temperer off of ebay awhile back. It came w/o a manual and it works as expected - a digital thermostat allows th…

Started by Brandon Buckner

12 Jun 6, 2012
Reply by Bill Tice

Refining/conching temperatures.

I am making chocolate in Costa Rica from tree to bar.  We recently received the Melager from CocoaTown which has speed control to better ma…

Started by Paul Johnson

1 Jun 6, 2012
Reply by Duffy Sheardown

Dark chocolate percentages

On the web page (http://www.finedarkchocolate.com/Chocolate/Luker_1906/Luker_1906_Tu...) for "1906" Tumaco dark chocolate, the following tw…

Started by Don Goyette

0 Jun 4, 2012

Inclusion ratio in chocolate bar manufacturing

Hello everyone.  Interesting thing I came across- what is the ratio of inclusions(size of inclusions also) to put in a chocolate bar? Thi…

Started by Arthur Zukayev

1 May 30, 2012
Reply by Sebastian

Comparison tempering machines Choco 10 (or 15) by Mafter and Chocovision Rev 1 (or 2)

Hi there, I am currently looking at different tempering machines for my (rather small) production. Anyone out there using any of the two…

Started by Anissa Talbi

2 May 9, 2012
Reply by Beth L. Evard

Chocolate glaze

I have been trying to figure out how to achieve the black and white glazing on Gerard Mulot's 'Coeur Frivole'. The white part seems to be f…

Started by Tom Early

0 May 7, 2012

Fermented cacao beans-bar

Hello chocolate community. I am going to be purchasing bulk fermented cacao beans for my chocolate business. I have been buying the butter…

Started by Kat

30 May 6, 2012
Reply by rene

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc