The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (431)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Help with CT60 Tempering machine

Hi! I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I seem to have hit the wrong mode on my CT60 chocotec machine, and now it won't let me turn u…

Started by charley M

0 Apr 1, 2012

Deconstructing Cocoa Content

The term "cocoa content" refers to the combined total percentage, by weight, of all the ingredients in a particular chocolate that come fro…

Started by Clay Gordon

23 Mar 28, 2012
Reply by Thomas Forbes

Stuffed nose when Cracking and Winnowing

I have noticed that in days of intense indoor chocolate making work I end up with some discomfort. Commonly a stuffed or a runny nose, simi…

Started by Felipe Jaramillo F.

2 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by Felipe Jaramillo F.

Aargh cracking shell

So every so often a batch of truffles will crack after dipping and hardening I do a very thin coat by hand before dipping. Most pf my truff…

Started by Krista

1 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Krista

Manufacturing Equipment Costs

Hi everyone, As an option for my school project I want to go over the costs of the machinery needed to produce chocolate. My partners and…

Started by Daniel Gaal

0 Mar 22, 2012

How do I have better bases?

I have my chocolate business up and running but am still unhappy with how the bottoms of the chocolates look. Nobody complains because they…

Started by Julie Helzer

9 Mar 19, 2012
Reply by david smith

Can sugar bloom be reversed?

Yesterday i made a batch of chocolates that had an absolutely smooth texture when i removed it from the melangeur, i then tempered it ( i t…

Started by Chirag Bhatia

8 Mar 15, 2012
Reply by Andy Ciordia

The best way to include coffee into chocolate

Hello ! I have just found someone who roasts freshly coffee and I have some ideas to make chocolate with this coffee. Can I put the coffee…

Started by Maria

5 Mar 15, 2012
Reply by Gap

Bean-to-cocoa butter and cocoa powder

Hi Everyone! anyone any idea how and what needed to go from bean to cocoa butter in a medium scale?

Started by antonino allegra

3 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Felipe Jaramillo F.

Depreciation

Those of you who are running a chocolate business or sell your chocolates, what is the time table for your accumulated depreciation on your…

Started by Jeff Nelson

2 Mar 8, 2012
Reply by Jeff Nelson

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc