The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (435)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Redipping bloomed chocolate

This is my first post. Today I tempered by seeding about 3kg of dark chocolate for dipping and molding. I did a temper test which was fine…

Started by Rosie

3 Apr 22, 2012
Reply by Andy Ciordia

Chocolate Thermometers

Ok, my tempering skills are not sharp. They are getting better but not there yet. I bought one of those paddle type of thermometers, but I…

Started by Steve Kurz

9 Apr 16, 2012
Reply by Rosie

What is the best equipment for cooking caramels

I make a lot of fleur de sel caramels and I am thinking of investing in specific equipment just for caramel production. Does any one have a…

Started by Daniel Herskovic

7 Apr 9, 2012
Reply by cheebs

Sugar crystal not breaking down in Melanguer after 24 hrs

35% sugar in my batch of chocolate has been in the melanguer for 24 hours. I used table sugar  thinking that the melanguer would take care…

Started by Ning-Geng Ong

2 Apr 6, 2012
Reply by Ning-Geng Ong

Help with CT60 Tempering machine

Hi! I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I seem to have hit the wrong mode on my CT60 chocotec machine, and now it won't let me turn u…

Started by charley M

0 Apr 1, 2012

Deconstructing Cocoa Content

The term "cocoa content" refers to the combined total percentage, by weight, of all the ingredients in a particular chocolate that come fro…

Started by Clay Gordon

23 Mar 28, 2012
Reply by Thomas Forbes

Stuffed nose when Cracking and Winnowing

I have noticed that in days of intense indoor chocolate making work I end up with some discomfort. Commonly a stuffed or a runny nose, simi…

Started by Felipe Jaramillo F.

2 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by Felipe Jaramillo F.

Aargh cracking shell

So every so often a batch of truffles will crack after dipping and hardening I do a very thin coat by hand before dipping. Most pf my truff…

Started by Krista

1 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Krista

Manufacturing Equipment Costs

Hi everyone, As an option for my school project I want to go over the costs of the machinery needed to produce chocolate. My partners and…

Started by Daniel Gaal

0 Mar 22, 2012

How do I have better bases?

I have my chocolate business up and running but am still unhappy with how the bottoms of the chocolates look. Nobody complains because they…

Started by Julie Helzer

9 Mar 19, 2012
Reply by david smith

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc