The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (435)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Quest for micrometer

I need to buy a micrometer to measure the chocolate thickness. Which one do you use? Which one should we use? Best, Omar Montilla

Started by Omar Montilla

16 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Sebastian

Using Milk

H i would just like to ask if anyone has tried to use fresh milk instead of milk powder to make bean to bar chocolates? 

Started by Malcolm Tiu lim

8 Feb 12, 2012
Reply by Sebastian

Best before dates

Hello, I would like to ask you what best before dates you give to your chocolates ? I make my chocolate from the beans, 70% cocoa beans +…

Started by Maria

3 Feb 8, 2012
Reply by Maria

Types of Sweetening and Conching Time

Hi, I just got my CocoaT Melanger yesterday, so this is my very time making chocolate properly. For my first trial I use 380g of cocoa be…

Started by Panod

9 Feb 7, 2012
Reply by jorge camacho

Cleaning of airbrush

I'm teaching myself airbrushing of cocoa butter colors. I have a good background in airbrush work from my hobby of building plastic models.…

Started by Scott Hoffman

3 Feb 1, 2012
Reply by Scott Hoffman

Too Dry for Tempering?

Hello, I am trying to pinpoint my recent tempering difficulties in my store's kitchen. I've ruled out machine malfunction and the chocolat…

Started by Jasmine Mead

4 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by Clay Gordon

Tempering problem

Hello !  I have just started making chocolate from the bean. I make 70% chocolate, two different origins. They taste good, I think I have…

Started by Maria

0 Jan 26, 2012

Moisture percentage in storage room

Hey Guys, Most of us know that moisture is an important factor in controlling quality and that it should not exceed 50% where chocolate is…

Started by Omar Forastero

2 Jan 23, 2012
Reply by Omar Forastero

Chocolate going down the drain

Question about potential for drainage problems: I have been in business for three years this coming October. I moved my location recently,…

Started by Matt Carter

7 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Andy Ciordia

Modding stock Ultra Grind+ wet grinder for chocolate use

I was recently in Bangalore, India and found wet grinders almost everywhere. I bought an Ultra Grind+ at a good price and brought it back w…

Started by Felipe Jaramillo F.

3 Jan 15, 2012
Reply by Felipe Jaramillo F.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc