The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (412)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking for custom printed bar wrapping, example provided

Hi, I have been looking recently to purchase custom printed rolls ( I assume it is delivered in rolls ) wrapping paper for small chocolate…

Started by Stephane Laviolette

3 May 29
Reply by Ash Maki

Letting chocolate rest after conching?

What is true about that? Is it really necessary to the let chocolate rest once it's out of the conching machine? If so, how much time is ne…

Started by Daniela Vasquez

10 May 23
Reply by Daniela Vasquez

Tempering issues

Any ideas why the first trays molded from my batch temperer turn out streaky and rough/blotchy as in the attached picture? Later trays turn…

Started by Brent Peters

2 May 19
Reply by Brad Churchill

Whats going on with my chocolates?? Quality Control-Appearance concerns

I was hoping that some of you could chime in on what is happening on my chocolates.  I have been in business for 4 years in the SAME locati…

Started by Jennifer Davis

9 May 14
Reply by Jennifer Davis

Why does chocolate overcrystalize

I was working with my chocolate and today it got thick after I prepared 8 pranlines mold. I blasted it with the heatgun and it was still th…

Started by Hilmir Kolbeins

7 May 14
Reply by Sebastian

CocoaTown Belt Shredding

I just used my CocoaTown ECGC-65A for the first time last week and ended up with black powder all over the floor and under the bowl that ap…

Started by Nichole Warner

8 May 13
Reply by Nichole Warner

Conche question

Can anyone tell me the gap size between the blades and wall of a Frisse or Thouet type conche? Thanks

Started by Mike

2 May 13
Reply by Mike

? I have a Hillard's Dipper

I bought this Dipper, have had nothing but problems. Is it me? Has anyone had problems?  Can't seem to keep it in temper, have had to ,  we…

Started by Maggie Prittie

2 May 8
Reply by Clay Gordon

Adding Soy Lecithin

HI Everyone. I have a question regarding soylecithin. I know that it is a thinning agent and is used very less amount around 1% but want to…

Started by Balpreet Singh

6 May 5
Reply by Balpreet Singh

New category suggestion: "Science"

Clay, Would you be able to add a new category called "Science"?  This would be a place to discuss all of the scientific aspects of cacao an…

Started by ChocoFiles

2 May 3
Reply by ChocoFiles

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc