The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (415)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Agave

Has anyone tried using agave syrup as an invert sugar in ganaches?   At first glance, the chemistry seems to work, and I like the idea of a…

Started by Jessica Conrad

11 Mar 20, 2011
Reply by Sharon Ivany

polycarb moulds (was chocolate won't release from molds)

Thanks Brad.  Yes - TOMRIC does sell polycarbonate moulds.  And, yes my dark chocolate was in temper - I use a Revolation X from ChocoVisio…

Started by Joanne Gaither

2 Mar 13, 2011
Reply by Joanne Gaither

chocolates won't release from new moulds

I am sure this is a horror story that has been discussed many times over - but it is a first for me.... And, I woke up this morning - and t…

Started by Joanne Gaither

2 Mar 12, 2011
Reply by Clay Gordon

Has anyone attempted flavoring their chocolates with beer?

I am currently experimenting with beer flavored chocolates with my husbands varying home brews. I am wondering if anyone has experienced ma…

Started by Michelle-Jo Garfield

13 Mar 2, 2011
Reply by Marquette Demarais

Need "ganache" help quick!

So I have 1 day to figure this out! I am trying a different method of making truffles. I need my truffles to have a long shelf life so I ca…

Started by Klassy

18 Feb 24, 2011
Reply by Sebastian

Natural Chocolate sauce original recipe with decent shelf life ????

Hello everybody, I plan to produce some chocolate sauces with  the most natural ingredients like the robins chocolate sauces.(organic and f…

Started by benouse

6 Feb 21, 2011
Reply by Jonathan Edelson

First attempt at making truffles

I just tried to make truffles for the first time and decided on a recipe for Oreo Truffles from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-OREO-Tru

Started by Dan

11 Feb 5, 2011
Reply by Dan

Soft brush for chocolate

Where can I find a large brush for brushing marked chocolates? I have seen them years ago, but have lost track of a supplier. It would be s…

Started by Ruth Atkinson Kendrick

2 Jan 31, 2011
Reply by Ruth Atkinson Kendrick

Chocolatier Salaries in the US

Since salary info for the "chocolatier" job category is so hard to come by, I decided to go right to the source-everyone in the chocolate i…

Started by Jeff Stern

0 Jan 27, 2011

Hi every ss.

Hi every body , I'm prety new on this sit . I really enjoy reading and learning from everybody's experiance in different filds of chocola…

Started by Benny Imani

0 Jan 19, 2011

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge