The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (440)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cocoa powder production

I'm starting a small process using cocoa beans to introduce cocoa powder to the local market, I had a feedback from Clay Gordon that butter…

Started by Khaled Aly

0 Apr 15, 2011

Help with transfer sheets please (:

So here I am again, asking for help from the experts. (I come back because I always get such great advice from everyone!)   So, I think I g…

Started by Klassy

8 Apr 11, 2011
Reply by Andrea Bauer

Which is the finest Variety

Where can I get a full description of each of these Varieties and  identify the finest ones. I have these options for planning and want to…

Started by Sabastion

4 Apr 7, 2011
Reply by Sabastion

Bacon in chocolate

I read the discussion under shelf life and it touched on bacon and food safety. I wondered if anyone is making chocolate with bacon and wha…

Started by Bud Stockwell

10 Apr 7, 2011
Reply by Jackie Jones

alcohol in chocolate by volume

Can someone tell me how to figure out what percent of alcohol by volume is figured out when making a batch of truffles?   Say I am making a…

Started by Carol Bersch

3 Apr 3, 2011
Reply by Clay Gordon

Need advice on Airbrush Compressors

Hi ALL! I'm tired of blowing through cans of compressed air and have come to the conclusion that it's no longer cost effective. I just want…

Started by Sarah Scott

6 Mar 29, 2011
Reply by Justin Schaffer

Agave

Has anyone tried using agave syrup as an invert sugar in ganaches?   At first glance, the chemistry seems to work, and I like the idea of a…

Started by Jessica Conrad

11 Mar 20, 2011
Reply by Sharon Ivany

polycarb moulds (was chocolate won't release from molds)

Thanks Brad.  Yes - TOMRIC does sell polycarbonate moulds.  And, yes my dark chocolate was in temper - I use a Revolation X from ChocoVisio…

Started by Joanne Gaither

2 Mar 13, 2011
Reply by Joanne Gaither

chocolates won't release from new moulds

I am sure this is a horror story that has been discussed many times over - but it is a first for me.... And, I woke up this morning - and t…

Started by Joanne Gaither

2 Mar 12, 2011
Reply by Clay Gordon

Has anyone attempted flavoring their chocolates with beer?

I am currently experimenting with beer flavored chocolates with my husbands varying home brews. I am wondering if anyone has experienced ma…

Started by Michelle-Jo Garfield

13 Mar 2, 2011
Reply by Marquette Demarais

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc