The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (425)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cocoa Butter Problem

Hi - first post here but I desperately need some help. We're having a problem with our cocao butter sticking in our molds and cannot figure…

Started by Lindsay Truffler

26 Oct 21, 2010
Reply by Hilmir Kolbeins

is it possible to set chocolate into jelly?

I've Been wondering wether i can set chocolate peices into jelly but fear that the liquid jelly will ruin the chocolate. Is there a way rou…

Started by mark

0 Oct 16, 2010

How detailed a list of ingredients should be?

I am getting ready to start working out of a market and one of the requirements is that I need to have on display my list of ingredients -…

Started by Andre Costa

7 Oct 4, 2010
Reply by Andre Costa

blending couverture

Hi all    I want to start blending different couvertures to create my own unique flavours and have a couple of questions relating to techn…

Started by peter guppy

6 Sep 24, 2010
Reply by Susan Van Horn

Leaky cordials and caramels

Just made my first batch of cherry cordials along with some salted caramels, they look great and everything but their gooey goodness is ooz…

Started by Dirke Botsford

4 Sep 8, 2010
Reply by Dirke Botsford

Air bubbles!

Hello! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the least amount of air bubbles possible when doing molded (polycarbonate) molding?…

Started by Lindsay Truffler

23 Sep 3, 2010
Reply by Jennifer Thamer

Why is my chocolate so shiny but soft and pliable?

Hi Everyone! Here I am struggling with a new issue! Lately my so-called tempered chocolate is coming out incredibly shiny but soft and plia…

Started by Lisa - Girasole Chocolate

7 Sep 2, 2010
Reply by verhagen

Getting the temper right with my Selmi?

I was fortunate enough to acquire a used Selmi Plus for my new chocolate shop and recently got it set up. I am using Chocoa Forte 60% in it…

Started by Robyn Dochterman

4 Aug 3, 2010
Reply by Melanie Boudar

About to give up!

Hello my friends,   I'm going to try one last time to get this "tempering" thing down before I throw the machine in the street and run it o…

Started by Lisa - Girasole Chocolate

17 Jul 10, 2010
Reply by Dave Elliott

Looking for wrapping solutions

We currently do all our packaging by hand and our demand is reaching the level where we are unable to meet it using our current methods. Lo…

Started by Tim Moore

1 Jun 7, 2010
Reply by cheebs

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc