The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (391)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Crystalization of sugar

Hello people, I have a question to a problem. I hope someone can suggest me how to proceed. I am trying to make butter fudge (mix of suga…

Started by Cesar Lovon

3 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Mark Heim

Metal Mold Refinishing

I was looking through my molds and found some of them have what appears to be blemishes on the inside. It may also be the start of rust. Th…

Started by Steve Kurz

8 Jan 10, 2010
Reply by Steve Kurz

Small equipment for pouring chocolate.

This rank amateur is looking for a piece of equipment to use for pouring melted chocolate into molds and papers. I'm tired of having messy…

Started by Rich

9 Dec 18, 2009
Reply by Rich

Has anyone used an air compressor from Chef Rubber?

Hello, everyone. I'm considering to purchase an air compressor for air brush. I have experiences but this is the first time to set up ever…

Started by Young Yang

2 Dec 11, 2009
Reply by Young Yang

Help - Couverture on truffles is cracking.

Yesterday I made a batch of truffles and the couverture that I coated them in (53% valrhona) cracked on 50% of them. It happened after they…

Started by Valerie

5 Nov 17, 2009
Reply by Jeff Stern

Alcohol in Chocolates

In the contradictory state of Ohio, no alcohol is allowed in confections without a license - and yet they have no provisions to issue licen…

Started by Beth Mansfield

1 Nov 16, 2009
Reply by Clay Gordon

step by step how the process is carried out

good morning sir. i learnt you replied to my post on the broma process. i couldnt find the information on the broma process, that is why i…

Started by kenneth mensah

0 Nov 11, 2009

Criollo fermentation

Hi all, I've seen information from a lot of sources stating that criollo only needs 2-3 days for fermentation, whereas other varieties need…

Started by Byron Prior

0 Nov 6, 2009

Where do I start as an aspiring chocolate seller?

Hello. How does someone get started in this buisiness? I mean, how do you begin a small chocolate buisiness? Ideally I would like to have a…

Started by Joshua D. Rector

15 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by SU

Storing Chocolate

Hello, Firstly I'd just like to say hello and introduce myself; my name is Louise Thomas and I run a company called The Chocolate Consulta…

Started by Louise Thomas

1 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by SU

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc