The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (431)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Leaky cordials and caramels

Just made my first batch of cherry cordials along with some salted caramels, they look great and everything but their gooey goodness is ooz…

Started by Dirke Botsford

4 Sep 8, 2010
Reply by Dirke Botsford

Air bubbles!

Hello! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the least amount of air bubbles possible when doing molded (polycarbonate) molding?…

Started by Lindsay Truffler

23 Sep 3, 2010
Reply by Jennifer Thamer

Why is my chocolate so shiny but soft and pliable?

Hi Everyone! Here I am struggling with a new issue! Lately my so-called tempered chocolate is coming out incredibly shiny but soft and plia…

Started by Lisa - Girasole Chocolate

7 Sep 2, 2010
Reply by verhagen

Getting the temper right with my Selmi?

I was fortunate enough to acquire a used Selmi Plus for my new chocolate shop and recently got it set up. I am using Chocoa Forte 60% in it…

Started by Robyn Dochterman

4 Aug 3, 2010
Reply by Melanie Boudar

About to give up!

Hello my friends,   I'm going to try one last time to get this "tempering" thing down before I throw the machine in the street and run it o…

Started by Lisa - Girasole Chocolate

17 Jul 10, 2010
Reply by Dave Elliott

Looking for wrapping solutions

We currently do all our packaging by hand and our demand is reaching the level where we are unable to meet it using our current methods. Lo…

Started by Tim Moore

1 Jun 7, 2010
Reply by cheebs

Cocoa Helpers

Thanks to The Chocolate Life, I now know the importance of midges or sand flies, as we call them here, in relation to the fertilization of…

Started by heather andall

4 May 28, 2010
Reply by heather andall

Temper Troubles

Hi All-I am hoping for some help in regards to chocolate tempering. I am having some serious issues and trying not to go mad. I have read s…

Started by Sarah Scott

2 May 28, 2010
Reply by Sarah Scott

Are "chocolate jams" shelf stable?

I recently made a "chocolate dipped strawberry jam"  just as you would any other jam with the addition of some 72% dark chocolate and lots…

Started by Wendy Buckner

2 May 25, 2010
Reply by Wendy Buckner

Sao Tome & Principe Cocoa

Hi all,Can anybody put me in contact with cocoa producers/exporters from SAO TOME & PRINCIPE.  We produce cocoa process machinery and b…

Started by Bent ahm

0 May 15, 2010

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge