The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (440)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

roll refining

Hello,  can someone tell me if it is required to pre refine nibs and sugar prior to running through a three roll refiner (e.g., one with 6…

Started by Mike

10 Jul 13
Reply by Mike

Conche or sugar mill?

Hi all, first I want to really thank you for all the wonderful cacao wisdom you share here. I read your blogs, and have slowly figured out…

Started by Mack Ransom

17 Jul 11
Reply by Daniela Vasquez

Looking for help

Hi all Currently I make chocolates at home but I would like to start a bigger production   I would like to know if anyone know's how to ge…

Started by Laura Marion

4 Jun 20
Reply by Laura Marion

tempering chocolate confusion

I used to tempering chocolate many time was success, but recently have problem in tempering, I used "seeding method" to tempering and below…

Started by him

1 Jun 18
Reply by jeff goh

Thermoblend?

This may be a big no no but has anyone tried using a Thermoblend to melt/warm chocolate? Deborah

Started by Deborah

5 Jun 14
Reply by Deborah

Machine help needed - grinding blocks of chocolate

Can anyone recommend a machine that can grind blocks of chocolate up with out melting it. In the photo below is a block of untempered choco…

Started by Need beans

2 Jun 11
Reply by Jonathan Edelson

What causes these swirls?

Hello, My hubby and I have been making dairy, gluten and soy free 'milk" chocolate.  We've just started trying out a melanger and can't fi…

Started by Sandy Phillips

4 Jun 9
Reply by Sandy Phillips

How to grow cacao at home

I've had a Theobroma cacao for a couple of years now and have been keeping it not only alive, but occasionally flowering. Since my move to…

Started by Lorna

6 Jun 7
Reply by Tom

Salmonella and Factory Layout

Hello, all!  I’ve found what seems in many ways an ideal space to begin making chocolate commercially (it is a 570 sq ft room in a building…

Started by CM

9 May 30
Reply by CM

Chocovision Skimmer/Dispenser and Enrober - Looking for Hear Your Experiences

I use Rev Delta machines for moulding chocolates and have always done this by hand (i.e., a ladle). I am considering introducing enrobed ch…

Started by Glenn Knowles

2 May 29
Reply by Glenn Knowles

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc