The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (436)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Conche question

Can anyone tell me the gap size between the blades and wall of a Frisse or Thouet type conche? Thanks

Started by Mike

2 May 13
Reply by Mike

? I have a Hillard's Dipper

I bought this Dipper, have had nothing but problems. Is it me? Has anyone had problems?  Can't seem to keep it in temper, have had to ,  we…

Started by Maggie Prittie

2 May 8
Reply by Clay Gordon

Adding Soy Lecithin

HI Everyone. I have a question regarding soylecithin. I know that it is a thinning agent and is used very less amount around 1% but want to…

Started by Balpreet Singh

6 May 5
Reply by Balpreet Singh

New category suggestion: "Science"

Clay, Would you be able to add a new category called "Science"?  This would be a place to discuss all of the scientific aspects of cacao an…

Started by ChocoFiles

2 May 3
Reply by ChocoFiles

Chocolate Tempering Machine

Hi everyone, I am looking for a small - med size tempering machine, any advice! Thanks, Siham

Started by Siham Abdel-naby

5 Apr 30
Reply by Giuseppe

How to calculate how much chocolate enrobing for each bonbon?

Hi there, If I make 40 bonbon, how to calculate how much chocolate for each bonbon? in approximately how many (g) chocolate to enrobing for…

Started by him

4 Apr 27
Reply by him

Dutch-process chocolate

I know that the 2 main ingredients for dutching are Chocolate, alkalizing agent. Dutch-process cocoa powders and chocolate liquors are trea…

Started by TerryHo

3 Apr 27
Reply by Sebastian

Robot Coupe with Vacuum attachment to increase shelf life

Hi, I am finalising my list of equipment for my new chocolate shop, and am looking at investing in a robot coupe with a vacuum attachment.…

Started by Anjali Gupta

1 Apr 13
Reply by Sebastian

Smallest amount of nibs that can be used in a wet grinder?

I'm just starting out and own a Premier Wonder Grinder like this: http://www.amazon.com/Premier-Wonder-Table-Grinder-110v/dp/B004OPIBV2 Do…

Started by David Menkes

4 Apr 11
Reply by David Menkes

specific gravity/weight

Hi,I'm about to make a 3 dimentional design for a custom vacum forming mould. in order to have the software design the exact size for a spe…

Started by Neta onik

6 Apr 9
Reply by Neta onik

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc