The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tech Help (431)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Converting from 3 phase to single phase

I have a Selmi plus and need to move to a facility where running a 3 phase line is a costly endeavor.i,ve been told I can get a phase conve…

Started by Melanie Boudar

17 Mar 12
Reply by Mike

Contract Manufacturing Help in Los Angeles?

Hi All,        I'm working with a potential client, and am starting to do research for contract manufacturing help with fulfilling molded c…

Started by Brian Begun

1 Mar 11
Reply by Anjali Gupta

Can you use a Coffee Roaster for Roasting Cacao?

I wanted to see if any chocolate producers have used coffee roasters to roast cacao. I'm looking for a mid-size capacity roaster that doesn…

Started by Matthew Runeare

23 Mar 8
Reply by Erkan Aydin

Cocoatown Melanger - ECGC-12SLTA - Leaking Chocolate - Epoxy Glue Fail

Early this morning I discovered the machine rotating in a pool of chocolate at the base of the machine. After thorough cleaning, I discover…

Started by CASE

0 Mar 5

I melted my Santha...questions ensue

A few weeks ago I was asking about alternatives to the Champion juicer. One of the suggestions that was given was to preheat the bowl/rolle…

Started by Alan Caldwell

5 Mar 4
Reply by Brad Churchill

AS / SAN plastic Molds vs PC Molds

Been shopping for molds. I've noticed molds in "AS" in addition to the standard polycarbonate (PC). Anyone have molds made of AS plastic? I…

Started by Lee

2 Mar 3
Reply by Lee

Chocolate sticking to molds

I've been having an intermittent issue where my chocolate sticks to molds. It will always release around the edges but the middle (sometime…

Started by Russ Apotheker

23 Feb 26
Reply by Lee

Botulism

Sorry for the nasty title. I'm currently making a chocolate with a cinnamon inclusion. The cinnamon is from a local source, and I've cleane…

Started by Lee

7 Feb 25
Reply by Lee

alternatives to champion juicer

Hey Chocophiles, Ive been doing more and more, playing at home with small batches of beans. <3#.  I still dont have a way to make a pro…

Started by Alan Caldwell

27 Feb 24
Reply by Ben Rasmussen

Equipment advise

Hello, I am curious about opinions when it comes to temperers/melters. My need is melting/agitating to a specific temperature and then kee…

Started by Mattias Blom

13 Feb 18
Reply by Paul John Kearins

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc