The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tips, Tricks, and Techniques (360)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

praline finish

attached are 2 photos Im getting some real nice sheen on the praline, but theres also swirl what causes the swirl? any help appreciated ch…

Started by Alan Caldwell

0 Nov 16

Panning

I would like to learn if there is a standard recipe for panning. If any of you chocolatier would give me any instruction how panning works?

Started by Meira Neggaz

10 Nov 14
Reply by Domantas Uzpalis

praline paste storage

Hi, I made praline paste today for a specific recipe and have some extra.  How do I store it?  Room temperature? Fridge? Freezer?  Thanks,…

Started by Andrea Bauer

6 Nov 8
Reply by Goran Vjestica

Finished tempering question

I have a minrev tempering machine and I was using it during the summer months. It seemed that my chocolate would still come out soft and wo…

Started by Bryan

4 Nov 2
Reply by Bryan

Wrapping Candy?

I make chocolate covered caramel and I want to give them as gifts. I bought a stack of wrappers for but is there a better way to wrap them…

Started by Bryan

2 Nov 1
Reply by Bryan

Francois Pralus

So searching around the internet and came across this interesting quote on Francois' website:  François Pralus gives away one of his littl…

Started by Ian Horvath

4 Oct 25
Reply by Tom

Blooming and white spot on my Slabs!!

Hi, I melt high quality belgium white chocolate then I mix peanut butter into it,   I put it on a tray then I swirl pure 70% chocolate thro…

Started by OD

9 Oct 8
Reply by Peter

Cleaning Molds

Suddenly my health department wants me to clean and sanitize all my molds between uses. Do you guys do that? Does anyone know of any regu…

Started by Matt Carter

10 Sep 22
Reply by david ghobril

Chocolate Delivery by Courier

Any suggestions on packaging for Courier of Chocolates in country like India so that quality is maintained. 

Started by Amit Arora

0 Sep 15

Looking for inexpensive ways to stir caramel

Hello All.  We're starting to do a fair amount of caramel business and it's very time consuming stirring a batch of caramel for an hour or…

Started by John Duxbury

5 Sep 12
Reply by Dirke Botsford

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc