The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tips, Tricks, and Techniques (356)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Truffle ganache recipe- can someone tell me if this is right?

Hi, I fairly new at making chocolate truffles but they are getting very popular. Basically at the minute the shelf life of my truffles are…

Started by Sarah Mander

3 Nov 6, 2012
Reply by Daniela Vasquez

hollow truffle molds

I'm new at this. Can anyone tell me where I can get molds to make hollow truffle shells?

Started by Louanne Vermette

6 Nov 1, 2012
Reply by Daniela Vasquez

Care and feeding of chocolate bar molds

Any tips on this front? I'm using some good polycarb molds. I can get it to work, but it's a pain to get them clean. I think I was told han…

Started by Lane Wigley

2 Nov 1, 2012
Reply by Greg Gould

Sunflower Lecithin

Hello! I would like to introduce ourselves as we are new members here.. We are a new, artisan chocolate company in Victoria BC created by…

Started by Pure Lovin Chocolate

2 Oct 24, 2012
Reply by Gap

Savage Tabletop Firemixer to Temper?

A question for all of the Savage Bro experts. We own a Firemixer 14 Tabletop and we are looking at the 50lb Tabletop Temperer. The machines…

Started by Scott Daniels

2 Oct 23, 2012
Reply by Brad Churchill

Washing Beans after Ferment

Here is another technique I see a little of in cacao processing, mainly in cacao I get from Samoa and Fiji. So what they do is wash the bea…

Started by Tom

13 Oct 17, 2012
Reply by Tom

Best White Choc. for Hand-rolled Truffles/Effects of Cocoa Butter Content on Viscosity

Sorry for the long title but these two topics seem to go hand-in-hand.  I was reading a discussion at another site about firming up a white…

Started by Jennifer Meyer

3 Oct 15, 2012
Reply by Larry

Invertase

I want to make a liquid caramel center for my dipped chocolates .... Anyone used invertase to do this ? Will it liquefy hard caramel?

Started by Paul John Kearins

0 Oct 6, 2012

BRIGHTNESS ON CHOCOLATE

Hi! My name is Esteban, from Argentina. I decided to post this discussion because I'd like to know if it is possible to apply lacca or some…

Started by Esteban Iriart

21 Oct 6, 2012
Reply by Sebastian

Bloom Resistance

I just finished reading about a technique that says raising the temperature of your finished chocolate to 89.6-95 F for 80 minutes can post…

Started by margaret

2 Oct 5, 2012
Reply by Sebastian

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc