The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tips, Tricks, and Techniques (354)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Summer shipping tips & tricks?

Hi all,   It's getting to be melting season again. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for keeping summer shipping effective and affordable…

Started by Malena Lopez-Maggi

40 May 25
Reply by Daniel Herskovic

After action report on my first attempt at Caramels

I finally took a shot at caramels yesterday. For staters, I like to cook as a hobby, I like chocolate but I haven't done much by way of can…

Started by Walt Moody

20 May 24
Reply by Clay Gordon

adding liquor to caramel

Has anyone tried adding liquor to a batch of caramel?  I'm thinking of Christmas (can't believe I'm thinking about it already) and adding r…

Started by Nicole

8 May 24
Reply by Daniel Herskovic

Vendome Copper Kettles

Just over 100 years go Vendome copper and brass work's was established. They build brewing and distilling equipment. Then along came prohib…

Started by junior Horn

0 May 18

Starter cultures for fermentation

I have heard that Barry Callebaut is working with starter cultures for their fermentation that gives great and consistent results for their…

Started by Tibor Baan

7 May 14
Reply by Sebastian

Keeping from blooming ~ in silicone molds

Does lecithin help chocolate keep its temper? Or is there anything that helps prevent bloom? I use silicone molds and the chocolate starts…

Started by Juliana Desmond

2 May 12
Reply by Juliana Desmond

Adding Rum into chocolate truffles

Hi guys,  great to know you all. I just like to know how  truffles were made with rum ? Do you add the rum into cream mixture of milk/dark…

Started by jeff goh

2 May 11
Reply by jeff goh

cooker for jelly and pate de fruit with removable bowl

Hello their I am looking for an alternative to my Kenwood cooking chef that can handle about 6 times the amount I can make with the cookin…

Started by Jonas Hoekman

0 May 7

how to intensify flavor for pate de fruit

i am developing a honeybell pate de fruit (type of tangerine). i used a boiron recipe for orange pate de fruit, but it was too sweet. Could…

Started by mike johnson

2 May 7
Reply by Jonas Hoekman

belgian endives filling

Hello, I have the following problem: For months now, I have my mind set on making a chocolate with a Belgian endives filling. I have made a…

Started by An Vertonghen

4 May 6
Reply by Clay Gordon

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc