The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tips, Tricks, and Techniques (335)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cutting a hole out of chocolate

Hi all Can anyone guide me on how to cut a round hole in chocolate, like the attached image? Thanks in advance Lisa

Started by Lisa Morley

2 Feb 18
Reply by Larry

Cocoa Powder + Cocoa Butter

Hello All, I'm posting again after a long time. I unfortunately had to abandon the idea of Bean to bar due to cost constraints. In order t…

Started by Chirag Bhatia

7 Feb 16
Reply by Paul John Kearins

No need to temper chocolate? from Santa Barbara

Hello, Santa Barbara Chocolate sells Brazilian and other origin chocolates and claims it does not need to be tempered. What process or ingr…

Started by Alek Dabo

8 Feb 15
Reply by cheebs

Marketing

Hi, what have you tried as far as marketing that you've had success with? Especially retail, what things have really worked as far as getti…

Started by Krista

7 Feb 14
Reply by John Duxbury

freezing cacao seeds after fermentation

hello, I am back to say that my last try of tempering my cacao liquor was the best (according to the people who taste it here), the bars we…

Started by angenieux drupa

9 Jan 30
Reply by angenieux drupa

Panning

I would like to learn if there is a standard recipe for panning. If any of you chocolatier would give me any instruction how panning works?

Started by Meira Neggaz

3 Jan 19
Reply by Ismael Neggaz

Caramel/roller cutter

I was wondering if anyone had successfully used one of these for ganache or pate de fruits. Three models that I've seen are around $200, $4…

Started by Jim Braunagel

8 Jan 16
Reply by Jonathan Edelson

My Hazelnut Praline Paste is Gritty

I'm making my own nut pastes but I can't get them as smooth as the ones in the can.  Inevitably, a few people complain it's gritty.  I've t…

Started by Greg Gould

12 Jan 13
Reply by Kristofer Kalas

Transporting Delicate Chocolate

Hi everyone Hoping for some tips and ideas on how to transport my Easter chocolates. I'm having some professional shots done for my website…

Started by Lisa Morley

2 Jan 13
Reply by Larry

Using Metallic Powders and Alcohol

Hi! I'm looking at using some metallic powders (PCB brand) on my moulded chocolates. I know you can brush on after unmoulding the chocolate…

Started by Lisa Morley

7 Jan 13
Reply by Lisa Morley

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc