The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tips, Tricks, and Techniques (354)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I need some advise on two piece chocolate molds.

I am trying a two piece chocolate bunny mold for the first time and need someadvice on how to put the piece together to minimize the seam.

Started by Sweet Morsels Toffee & Chocolate

9 Mar 27, 2010
Reply by Sweet Morsels Toffee & Chocolate

Molding question -- help!

I molded chocolates today (using 2 different types of molds) and had the same problem -- a super fine separation between the top (what I ca…

Started by Jennifer Thamer

7 Mar 18, 2010
Reply by Jennifer Thamer

ALOHA ~ turning cacao beans and/or nibs into liquid for chocolate making ... techniques/equipment etc ~ MAHALO

a l o h a  dear ONES ~   I AM excited to learn how home chocolate makers are turning their nibs into cacao liquid that is ready to go into…

Started by deedee devi

5 Feb 19, 2010
Reply by Brad Churchill

Dealing with mold release marks

I'm finding that all of my 1 oz bars are getting mold release marks once they are set up.  I'm positive they are the artifact of slow/uneve…

Started by Mike

15 Feb 17, 2010
Reply by Mike

Chocolate for live art ? Where can I find wearable chocolate?

I own a boutique event entertainment company with one of my concepts being chocolate tasting 101.  I also create live dessert tables on whe…

Started by Craig Sutton

0 Feb 15, 2010

First time tempering with the Revolation X3210

So, just picked up a Revolation x3210 and am in the process of testing it on my first batch. Knowing that the low end was possibly not low…

Started by Mike

1 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Mike

Online buying/selling?

Hi chocolate lovers&producers! I have just started the Ecole Chocolat and have been looking at the web pages of several chocolate artis…

Started by Kirsi Hyytiäinen

18 Jan 12, 2010
Reply by Molly Drexelius

Question on the shelf life of raw chocolate

I'd like to begin experimenting with making molded raw chocolates and I have some questions on shelf life/storage. I read on another websit…

Started by Valerie

0 Jan 8, 2010

chocoflex for ganache

I have a mess on my hands. I used the chocoflex silicone molds for my lavender ganache. They will not come out. Anyone have this happen to…

Started by Louanne Vermette

7 Jan 2, 2010
Reply by Mark Heim

longevity, how to make your chocolates last longer.

I have cruised through the many discussions here and have not come across any bits on making chocolates last longer, maybe I haven't dug fa…

Started by Dirke Botsford

9 Dec 27, 2009
Reply by Bud Stockwell

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc