The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tips, Tricks, and Techniques (352)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

HEALING WOUNDED CHOCOLATE MOLDS

They used to be shiny but now they are dull. I've replaced them with new ones, but there's something about an old polycarbonate mold you've…

Started by Susie Norris

7 Feb 27, 2009
Reply by Brian Donaghy

Roasting Cocoa Beans

I want to try roasting my own cocoa beans at home. I stumbled across a 1947 'Home Ec' booklet put out by General Foods (now Kraft) that gav…

Started by Bette

4 Nov 14, 2008
Reply by Clay Gordon

Which pieces of equipment do/can you use for small productions?

For small batches of chocolate, can an Indian wet grinder, such as the Ultra Pride +, http://www.innoconcepts.com/prideplus.htm, work as a…

Started by Annette Jimison

1 Nov 11, 2008
Reply by Clay Gordon

Chipotle in Chocolate

Hi, Can anyone point out a starters guide for using chipotle in chocolate? Please keep in mind that I am VERY, VERY new at this. I recent…

Started by Eric Devlin

2 Oct 9, 2008
Reply by Teresa Cordero Cordell

Caramelized White Chocolate

I noticed in Serious Eats - an article called Pastry Geek Heaven written by Clay - that mentioned caramelized white chocolate. I once - in…

Started by Kerry

2 Sep 8, 2008
Reply by Kerry

Silk screening

Have just secured a contract for some custom chocolates and am in the process of getting a silk-screened transfer made fo this job. As far…

Started by Edward

5 Aug 4, 2008
Reply by Kerry

Importing Chocolate into the US

¿Would anyone know if there are any limitations to importing chocolate covered cofee beans from Colombia?

Started by Gabriel

0 Jul 2, 2008

Changing Chocolate from unsweet to bittersweet

I am new to the site and would like to ask a question. Does anyone know how to change unsweet chocolate to bittersweet chocolate? Thanks

Started by Staci

1 Jun 2, 2008
Reply by Clay Gordon

The BEST candy thermometer? Help!

We are thermometer impaired at Alma chocolate. And I need recomendations for the very best candy thermometer money can buy. I don't care wh…

Started by Sarah Hart

1 May 27, 2008
Reply by Yvonne

Bodum Chocolate Jug

Has anyone tested this little gadget yet? The word from the manufacturer is: The manual blender of the jug mixes the chocolate powder a…

Started by Teresa

6 May 19, 2008
Reply by Sera

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc