The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tips, Tricks, and Techniques (354)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Content of alcohol in recipe

Does anyone knows how to calculate percentage of alcohol in the recipe. The truffles that we make have 35oz of syrup and 10.5oz of 40% ABV…

Started by Arthur Shapiro

1 May 4
Reply by Jonathan Edelson

What is the true melting temperature for tempering?

I read about tempering in different resources and I see different temperatures stated. For dark chocolate, some online articles say melt to…

Started by Or M

3 Apr 29
Reply by Or M

Making chocolate from cacao powder

What are your thoughts about making chocolate from cacao powder + cocoa butter + liquid sweetener? What is the resulting quality of chocola…

Started by Or M

1 Apr 29
Reply by Sebastian

Temper Machine and Chocolate Melter?

Do you need both a chocolate melter machine and a temper machine?  Or does the temper machine do the melting as well?

Started by Chocolate Woman

5 Apr 20
Reply by Chantelle Giardina

Cutting marshmallows

We make our own marshmallows and enrobe them in chocolate. We have tried cutting them using a knife, pizza cutter and caramel cutter (6 bla…

Started by Corey Meyer

6 Apr 16
Reply by Omar Forastero

Enrobing question

Question for you all. Using an enrober, how do you enrobe things without them falling into the chocolate? Confectioners sugar on marshmallo…

Started by Corey Meyer

3 Apr 14
Reply by Clay Gordon

How to prevent chocolate from melting in oven

Hello everyone, I very recently started making my own chocolate, and all because I need it in my gluten and lactose free bakery here in Biz…

Started by Itziar Calvar

3 Apr 10
Reply by Itziar Calvar

Roasting Question

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be willing to share tips on roasting beans in a convection oven? Mostly wondering about a baseline…

Started by Nichole Warner

0 Apr 9

transfer sheet process

Can anyone answer this?  How does this chocolatier make these transfer sheets for this type of corporate logo on chocolate?  (i hope my pic…

Started by Cindy Sanche

7 Apr 6
Reply by Cindy Sanche

Best way to melt Cacao Butter?

Just curious what is the best way people have found to melt down the cacao butter without the use of water or a microwave?  Just looking t…

Started by Steven Shipler

9 Apr 3
Reply by Gap

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc