The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tips, Tricks, and Techniques (335)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Date Truffle

I recently tried to make date truffle, consisting of Date, cashew, almonds. The center became too soft and does not harden, probably becaus…

Started by TheChocolateMan

0 Jul 8, 2013

Cleaning Molds

Suddenly my health department wants me to clean and sanitize all my molds between uses. Do you guys do that? Does anyone know of any regu…

Started by Matt Carter

9 Jun 27, 2013
Reply by David Gomes de Freitas

Nuts & Rancidity

The only nut I have a problem with are pecans. After roasting them they seem to have a shelf life of about 3 months +/-. I use them in a ba…

Started by Andy Ciordia

5 Jun 27, 2013
Reply by Andy Ciordia

Airbrushing - problem with texture

When airbrushing I consistently get a splatter pattern not a thin layer of continuous color. When I adjust the nozzle the splatter gets big…

Started by Jo-Ellen Fairbanks

1 Jun 20, 2013
Reply by Ruth Atkinson Kendrick

Seeding with cacao butter

Has anyone tried seeding with cacao butter? What method did you use? Did you melt first then add, or did you add chunks at a time?

Started by Donny Gagliardi

8 Jun 20, 2013
Reply by Heather Johnston

Issues Decorating Moulds with White Chocolate

Hi Everyone, I have just started creating moulded shoes and was using white chocolate to decorate them (with dots). So I put the dots on t…

Started by Evelyn

1 Jun 17, 2013
Reply by William Snoding

molding imperfections

Hi all, I've been practicing tempering with my Chocoa melter for a couple of weeks and finally produced a decent product. Its not perfect t…

Started by Donny Gagliardi

0 Jun 15, 2013

Molding a bar with inclusions

Hi All, I want to use some new bar molds I've bought to include caramelised nuts and other inclusions and I want to have a professional app…

Started by Nick Henderson

9 Jun 9, 2013
Reply by Clay Gordon

Dispensing Caramel

Can somebody give me the best way to dispense caramel onto a bed of pecans?  Appreciate it.  Karen

Started by Karen Moore

4 Jun 7, 2013
Reply by Karen Moore

Problem unmoulding airbrushed chocolates

Hi, I recently ran into an airbrush problem. I sprayed my mould with yellow and red cacaobutter (untempered cacaobutter at 35°C using a com…

Started by Kris Schoofs

2 May 22, 2013
Reply by Kris Schoofs

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc