The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Tips, Tricks, and Techniques (335)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Best Drizzling Method?

Hi! I'm a new candy maker and am entirely self-taught in regards to chocolate.  My business is not chocolate focused, but I do use chocolat…

Started by Laura B

3 May 21, 2013
Reply by Laura B

Washing Strawberries

Can anyone give me advise on the best way to wash & prepare strawberries before dipping them? Many Thanks, Karen

Started by Karen Blueberry

6 May 21, 2013
Reply by Karen Blueberry

Where to buy transfer sheets (USA)

I just started my explorations into making my own chocolates and I have been looking around for companies that sell transfer sheets and was…

Started by Veronique

6 May 20, 2013
Reply by Veronique

losing temper w/tempering

Just starting out and am having a Very Challenging experience trying to temper properly! I bring the dark chocolate to 89 and it still does…

Started by Maggie Prittie

11 May 13, 2013
Reply by Andrea Bauer

Where can I get a custom drying mat like the one below?

This is a Godiva mat that the strawberries are drying on. Once dried the strawberries will have the Godiva imprint on the bott…

Started by Kevin

7 May 11, 2013
Reply by Al Garnsworthy

Outdoor market

We need some advice. We were asked to be part of a new outdoor market that runs through Sept or Oct. How will we keep the chocolates from m…

Started by Corey Meyer

4 May 6, 2013
Reply by Andy Ciordia

Keeping chocolate in temper

I use the seeding method for tempering (although I am tempted to try using a cold water bath instead) and am having difficulty keeping my c…

Started by Nicole Gnutzman

14 May 5, 2013
Reply by Mattias Blom

CCB Problems

I recently started attempting to use CCB for my chocolates. The biggest problem that I have been having with the CCB is the tempered chocol…

Started by matt black

0 May 4, 2013

Insurance

Hi everyone! I am new here, but I just wanted to ask those of you with small businesses where to get liability insurance? I did an internet…

Started by Krista

5 Apr 29, 2013
Reply by Brad Churchill

Chocolate Artist Software/Printer

Has anybody used the Chocolate Artist software and printer by Deco?  I have some custom applications for which this would be perfect, but I…

Started by David Peterson

69 Apr 25, 2013
Reply by Debra Fleck

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc