The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Travels & Adventures (95)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Going to the Chicago show next week?

Hello, I'm new to The Chocolate Life, and am a new chocolatier in West Michigan. I am sure some of you will be going to the trade show in C…

Started by Ashley

0 Oct 14, 2013

Salon du Chocolat 2013

Is anyone already been to the Salon du Chocolat?I will go this year but I'm not sure which one of those three cities is the most interestin…

Started by Delcour Thomas

4 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Lea

Visiting a cocoa plantation in Peru

Hi! I have always wanted to visit a cocoa plantation and find out how it grows, walk around between the cocoa trees and see how the ferment…

Started by Astrid Helm

0 Aug 21, 2013

Chocolate Shops in Quebec

I was wondering if anyone knew some chocolate shops in Quebec worth to visit. I might have an opportunity to visit for a long time this yea…

Started by Daniela Vasquez

8 Aug 13, 2013
Reply by Steve Schechner

chocolate in Peru

hello everyone Although I have been to peru many times next spring will be the 1st time I am going to an area called Tarapoto which is just…

Started by art erben

0 Jul 17, 2013

2012 cacao and chocolate salon - Lima, Peru

The 2012 version of Peru's cacao and chocolate salon takes place July 4-8. I'm not connected to the salon in any way, although I may give a…

Started by brian horsley

8 Jun 22, 2013
Reply by brian horsley

Discover Chocolate in the Dominican Republic

THIS TRIP HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL 2012.   Discover Chocolate in the Dominican Republic is for chocolate professionals and serious chocophi…

Started by Clay Gordon

14 Jun 18, 2013
Reply by Clay Gordon

Working on a cocoa farm

Hi All, I'm traveling down to Costa Rica this October, and was wondering if anyone knew of any working cocoa plantations, farms or coops I…

Started by Sarah Ariella Shapiro

9 May 31, 2013
Reply by Sarah Ariella Shapiro

Filming a Documentary in Ghana

Hi Chocolate Lifers! I'm a grad student at New York University emphasizing in cocoa supply chains. I went to Ghana last summer to do impact…

Started by Katrina Moore

0 Apr 22, 2013

Where can fermentation be seen in Western Costa Rica?

The first two weeks of April I will be in Quepos (mid Pacific coast) Costa Rica and hope to visit a cacao fermentation operation. There app…

Started by Frank Shinneman

12 Mar 11, 2013
Reply by steve

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc