The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Travels & Adventures (91)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chocolate Tours in the Caribbean - NYT Article

In Friday's New York Times travel section there was an interesting article about chocolate tours in Trinidad, Tobago, Saint Lucia and Marti…

Started by Thomas Forbes

2 Nov 11, 2012
Reply by Gap

Sourcing Ecuadorian Cacao

Ecuador is the world´s largest grower of fine flavor cocoa. This comes with a caveat, however; if you don´t know your way around you can ea…

Started by Jeff Stern

2 Oct 21, 2012
Reply by Panod

Recommendations for travel to a cocoa farm

Hi All, I want to take my chocoatiering full circle by visiting a cocoa farm. I am wondering if anyone has recommendations.  Not necessaril…

Started by Lisa N

14 Sep 21, 2012
Reply by Peter Kring

Road trip to Nashville

I will be driving this summer from NY to Nashville and would like to visit as many chocolate shops as I can. Does anyone have any reccomend…

Started by Maria Valente

4 Jun 17, 2012
Reply by Maria Valente

Cacao farm tours to Hawaii's Big Island & Oahu and Mexico's Oaxaca & Chiapas

We are trying to plan a cacao farm & traditional chocolate tours to Mexico & Hawaii in the next few months that many of you have as…

Started by Nat

0 Apr 20, 2012

Trips to Venezuela

Anyone looking to do a fun trip to Venezuela might contact Leo Zamora of CatteleyaTours.com I spent 2 weeks with Leo in 2008 trekking thru…

Started by Melanie Boudar

0 Mar 28, 2012

Working with Cacao Growers - What does it involve?

Dear Chocolate Lifers, I have been wondering what kind of activities are supposed to take place when chocolate makers visit farmers. I know…

Started by Felipe Jaramillo F.

9 Feb 21, 2012
Reply by Sebastian

My recent chocolate travels

Discovered Eataly on 25th and Broadway in NYC last week.  Nice selection of Italian chocolate and confections.  Bought truffles and a Barbe…

Started by Thomas Forbes

0 Feb 13, 2012

Visiting the Roots of cacao in South America - looking for guidance

Hello!  I am heading down to South America in the spring to get hands on learning in the cacao industry.  My interest is primarily exposure…

Started by Kalibri Anne

0 Jan 28, 2012

Sleeping near Cacao Trees

I was just thinking about life in the campo.  Just wondering how many of us have slept within a 100m from a cacao tree?  I am getting prett…

Started by Thomas Forbes

10 Dec 26, 2011
Reply by Ancel Mitchell

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc