The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Travels & Adventures (94)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Working with Cacao Growers - What does it involve?

Dear Chocolate Lifers, I have been wondering what kind of activities are supposed to take place when chocolate makers visit farmers. I know…

Started by Felipe Jaramillo F.

9 Feb 21, 2012
Reply by Sebastian

My recent chocolate travels

Discovered Eataly on 25th and Broadway in NYC last week.  Nice selection of Italian chocolate and confections.  Bought truffles and a Barbe…

Started by Thomas Forbes

0 Feb 13, 2012

Visiting the Roots of cacao in South America - looking for guidance

Hello!  I am heading down to South America in the spring to get hands on learning in the cacao industry.  My interest is primarily exposure…

Started by Kalibri Anne

0 Jan 28, 2012

Sleeping near Cacao Trees

I was just thinking about life in the campo.  Just wondering how many of us have slept within a 100m from a cacao tree?  I am getting prett…

Started by Thomas Forbes

10 Dec 26, 2011
Reply by Ancel Mitchell

Dominican Republic

I am spending a week on the Samana Peninsula of the dominican republic in January & wondered if anyone had any suggestions for any plan…

Started by Helen Staines

1 Dec 14, 2011
Reply by Sebastian

Chocolate Factory Bucket List

The JustLuxe web site recently posted a list of ten chocolate factories to explore around the world. Problem is - the list is a mix of actu…

Started by Clay Gordon

0 Sep 29, 2011

Chocolate on the 101 Between Los Angeles & Oakland

I'm making a trip to San Francisco next week. I usually just drive straight up the 5 from Los Angeles. It's boring but it's quick. The big…

Started by cybele

5 Aug 9, 2011
Reply by Sunita de Tourreil

Benoît Nihant Chocolatier goes "Bean to Bar"

It is the certainly one of the most exciting steps in my chocolate life: I am now producing my own chocolate from fantastic beans! Only Gia…

Started by Benoît

8 Aug 5, 2011
Reply by Bhuvan

Tales from Chocolate Mecca: Oaxaca

An update on Dave & Nat's research for Madre Chocolate in Oaxaca, Mexico....   After the success of finding exactly the right delicious…

Started by Nat

6 Aug 1, 2011
Reply by Ice Blocks!

Salon du Chocolat Paris, oktober 20th - 24th

Anybody from this site who will be in Paris for the Salon du chocolat? This year it will be from 20th to 24th of oktober. http://www.salond

Started by Davy Asnong

1 Jul 28, 2011
Reply by Sebastian

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc