The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Steve Whitman's Discussions (25)

Discussions Replied To (9) Replies Latest Activity

"I re-temper chocolate in my Delta on a regular basis. Beginning with the end of the…"

Steve Whitman replied Jul 19, 2013 to Re-tempering in Chocovision Delta machine?

7 Aug 1, 2013
Reply by Cherub

"No"

Steve Whitman replied Jul 14, 2013 to chopping up a block of chocolate

17 Aug 1, 2013
Reply by Joe S

"Try ModPac or aspecialtybox.com. ModPac is cheaper but requires a larger minimum ord…"

Steve Whitman replied Apr 16, 2013 to Commercial grade clear top chocolate boxes - supplier needed

2 Apr 16, 2013
Reply by Tony Angnardo

"For going to markets I use a Cambro carrier with slots for half sheet pans and a fre…"

Steve Whitman replied Apr 16, 2013 to Storage for chocolate

5 Apr 22, 2013
Reply by Corey Meyer

"I find I need to cook caramel to 250 F to get a firm but still chewy texture. 248 F…"

Steve Whitman replied Dec 9, 2012 to After action report on my first attempt at Caramels

20 May 24
Reply by Clay Gordon

"Enrobed or molded, if you're sealing the ganache in tempered chocolate you should ha…"

Steve Whitman replied Dec 2, 2012 to Yet Another Shelf Life Discussion - For The Holidays

5 Dec 2, 2012
Reply by Steve Whitman

"Greg - Maybe  I'm missing something, but I don't see where you're enrobing or dippin…"

Steve Whitman replied Nov 30, 2012 to Yet Another Shelf Life Discussion - For The Holidays

5 Dec 2, 2012
Reply by Steve Whitman

"Brad - I get Guittard and E. Guittard from a local bakery supply company for about $…"

Steve Whitman replied Nov 27, 2012 to What Do YOU pay for chocolate?

23 Jan 15, 2013
Reply by Jo-Ellen Fairbanks

"Thanks for the responses. It looks like my place is actually at the lower end of the…"

Steve Whitman replied Jun 2, 2011 to Renting kitchen space by the hour?

5 Jun 2, 2011
Reply by Steve Whitman

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.