The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

All Discussions Tagged 'beans' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How and where to sell cocoa beans?

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a few questions to all the bean-to-bar chocolatiers. I have a friend in Trinidad & Tobago who kn…

Started by Franzi

0 10 hours ago

sourcing organic/fair trade/criollo or trinitario beans

Hello! Can anyone recommend a good source for fine-flavor beans that are organic and fair-trade (or similar)? I'm looking to buy a couple h…

Started by Madeleine Siegel

8 Jan 2
Reply by Sebastian

Stuck with Cocao Beans

I got a frantic email from someone who claims to have:  “…raw cocoa beans from Tanzania. We have about 25 tons stored in New Jersey. The…

Started by John M Rossini

5 Dec 10, 2013
Reply by John M Rossini

Chocolate Coated Coffee Beans

I have exchanged some emails with someone that in their own words: “…. has a requirement for chocolate coated coffee beans. The types of co…

Started by John M Rossini

2 Nov 20, 2013
Reply by John M Rossini

Sundried cocoa in Brazil

In my homecountry the cocoa bean are dried prepared at "barcaças". Its the name of a big roof where the farmerworker can walk around the co…

Started by David Gomes de Freitas

0 Jun 22, 2013

Raw Cocoa beans from Ecuador / Venezuela / Peru

Hi guys, If anyone is looking to source South American cocoa beans, harvested from Criollo dominated farming regions then please look no fu…

Started by anthony aaron

1 Jun 10, 2013
Reply by Clay Gordon

Purchasing Direct on Vacation

Hey I was wondering if anybody has any experiences they can share regarding purchasing cacao beans direct from growers. Mostly I'm wonderin…

Started by borncamp

3 Feb 6, 2013
Reply by Thomas Forbes

Washing Beans after Ferment

Here is another technique I see a little of in cacao processing, mainly in cacao I get from Samoa and Fiji. So what they do is wash the bea…

Started by Tom

13 Oct 17, 2012
Reply by Tom

Organic Cocoa Beans

Recently I talked to a chocolate producer and was told that organically grown cocoa beans are being fumigated prior to entering the United…

Started by helmut placek

2 Oct 31, 2011
Reply by Tom Neuhaus

Organic Beans Question

Have passed this question around the world without an answer. As I understand, most if not all sea shipments of agricultural products such…

Started by Jeff Stern

6 Apr 26, 2011
Reply by Jeff Stern

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc