The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

All Discussions Tagged 'chocolate' (168)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Coffee and Chocolate pairing

Hi! I was asked to talk about coffee and chocolate pairing. I've already done pairings with whisky and beer, but never with coffee. Does an…

Started by Karine Guillemette

16 Feb 3, 2013
Reply by Karine Guillemette

Tempering Machine

Hello The Chocolate life members Let me introduce myself, my name is javier and i am from Peru I have been making chocolate from bean to b…

Started by Chaqchao

1 Jan 29, 2013
Reply by Clay Gordon

Thinning white chocolate

I could REALLY do with some help please. I need to thin down chocolate in order to apply a thin layer to enable me to pan freeze dried prod…

Started by Colin Green

2 Jan 23, 2013
Reply by Colin Green

Valrhona Tanariva Milk Chocolate

I've got a nearly full 3Kg bag of Valhrona Tanariva -- but I'm not liking the Tanariva as much as I thought I would -- it's overly caramell…

Started by Emgee

2 Jan 6, 2013
Reply by Emgee

Lactose added separately to Milk Chocolate?

I have been getting encouraging results making milk chocolate and I'm looking to experiment with malt extract and possibly lactose.  Study…

Started by Felipe Jaramillo F.

19 Dec 24, 2012
Reply by Linus Daniel

tempering choc too thick

Hi I've been a hobbyist chocolatier for a few years. I have an ACMC table top temperer. Two frustrations - when dipping with 65 percent Tch…

Started by Amy T

6 Dec 12, 2012
Reply by Brad Churchill

70% cocoa

I have a client that wants solid chocolate in a very high cocoa content (he is an ironman participant) for Christmas Gifts.   Where could I…

Started by Jackie Jones

9 Dec 12, 2012
Reply by ChocoFiles

Milk chocolate praline centres

Hi folks! I'm pretty new to making chocolates but I'm jumping in at the deep end and have decided to make everyone chocolates for Christmas…

Started by Mark Stickley

2 Dec 1, 2012
Reply by Mark Stickley

Which Tempering Machine to Purchase: FBM, Gami, Selmi or Wheel type

Hello, I am sure, this question might have been discussed many number of times. However, every customer has got it's own requirement. Our…

Started by Sam

35 Nov 24, 2012
Reply by Clare O'Neill

Problem with sun fading the chocolate.

I am having trouble with the sun shining/glaring into my store and causing some of the chocolates to bloom. The sun does not shine directly…

Started by Jeffrey

7 Oct 19, 2012
Reply by Jeffrey

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc