The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

This is a forum thread where we can share our favorite quotes about chocolate.

Views: 1939

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I prefer not to think of them as "problems" but as "challenges" though I understand Art's position on this.
There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE
Linda Grayson, "The Pickwick Papers"

I so totally agree.
"Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate."

Chocolate Shop Online | Date Filipina Online
Attributed to Catherine Zeta-Jones:

"The Only Thing Better Than Sex is Sex With Chocolate On It."
Forget about love..i'd rather fall in chocolate!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather a skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO-HOO, what a ride!"

Anon.
Those of you who love quotable quotes may like to know I have recently published a 100-page book which is choc-full of them. Called ‘The Language of Chocolates’, it is a collection of sayings, definitions, allusions, connections and illustrations (mostly my own) on everything there is to like about chocolates. Sara Jane Stanes, one of the founders of the Academy of Chocolate in the UK, described it as ‘utterly compelling and enjoyable’; and Joanne Harris, author of Chocolat, said it was ‘scrumptious’. I think it is an ideal handbook or reference for chocophiles - a book that can be taken everywhere, and something to be reached for when in need of an elegant snack, or some sweet inspiration. If you would like to obtain a box, I mean a copy, for yourself, the book is available from www.amazon.com and other online booksellers. Here is a picture of he cover:

"Chocolate is one of the most delicious and noble factors of our whole existence."

- Dr. Chantal Favre-Bismuth. Quoted in Mort Rosenblum's book, 'Chocolate, A Bittersweet Saga of Dark and Light'
"There is no metaphysics on earth like chocolates." - Fernando Pessoa (Portuguese poet)
"When I was young, there were only two kinds of chocolates and two or three kinds of people." - Lord Glenconner
"It's Just chocolate. It's not rocket surgery or brain science, It's Just chocolate."
-- Mantra penned by Clay Gordon
Nine of every ten persons say they love chocolate. The tenth lies.

-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…