The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

This is a forum thread where we can share our favorite quotes about chocolate.

Views: 1853

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Never mind about 1066 William the Conqueror, 1087 William the Second. Such things are not going to affect one’s life … but 1932 the Mars Bar and 1936 Maltesers and 1937 the Kit Kat - these dates are milestones in history and should be seared into the memory of every child in the country. "
— Roald Dahl, author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
"Chocolate- the more you share, the more complete you become" - from a Dove Promises message
"You know you're a chocophile when an entire shelf of your pantry is nothing but chocolate products- with a quick rotation" - Chocoflyer

PS- I keep all mine in a large plastic storage bin for freshness and organization- one stop snacking!
"There are four basic food groups, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate and chocolate truffles." (Anonymous)
Q. Why is there no such organization as Chocoholics Anonymous?
A. Because no one wants to quit.
Money talks. Chocolate sings.
Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.
First you consume chocolate and then chocolate consumes you.

(anonymous)

Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate.

(Sandra Boynton)

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!

(Charles Schulz)

Covering things in chocolate is what sets us apart from the animals.

(Cybele)
I love that Sandra Boynton one! I have her "Chocolate: A Consuming Passion Book", it's too cute!
As well as a passion for chocolates I also have a passion for chocolate quotes. I have been collecting them for many years and will be publishing book of them soon. Most of the quotes will be my own (amusing images, definitions, and insights), but I'm also flavoring the book with quotes from others, as well as with illustrations that demonstrate the power and allure of this superb confectionery. Here's a taste of things to come:

"Significantly, in pronouncing the word 'chocolate' the lips are pouted as if to kiss."

"Hope that one day this ecstasy comes over you - you see the world from afar and it is a truffle."

"Whoever said the best things in life are free was obviously not a lover of top quality chocolates."

CHOCOMANIA: The condition of being enthralled by chocolates. the fact that it cannot be cured should not necessarily be seen as cause for concern.
I was recently sent this little-known by Alexander Pushkin. It was written shortly after he was advised to abstain from chocolate (for the sake of his health!). Perhaps he should have changed his doctor instead.

Requiem for a Chocolate Praline

I loved you, and I probably still do,
And for a while the feeling may remain ....
But let my love no longer trouble you,
I do not wish to cause you any pain.

I loved you; and the hopelessness I knew,
The jealousy, the shyness - though in vain -
Made up a love so tender and so true
As may God grant you to be loved again.
"The problem with chocolate, is that every step is the most important step." - Art Pollard interview with Park City, what an understatement!

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.