The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I will be adding photos soon to show the beautiful rainbow of flavors offered by Frey's Supreme line of choc- they are a Swiss co. that apparently made this line exclusivley for Target stores to break into the American market (according to their website press releases) A little history: Frey is a 100% Swiss co. started waaaay back in 1887 in the little village of Aargau, Switzerland as a small family business run by brothers Max & Robert Frey. Today, Chocolate Frey is still made entirely in Buchs, Switz. where the complete manufacture process, from bean-to-bar, occurs. The bars are quite slim and have some very UNIQUE flavors- here's a list:

Rhubarb & Aloe Vera
White Lemon & Lime
Japonaise (hazelnut & meringue crunch)
Tiramisu
Hot Chili Pepper
Bouquet D'Oranges
Citron & Poivre (black pepper)
Cafe & Cacao Nib
Pecan & Caramel
Coeur de Macadamie
Cinnamon & Blood Orange
White w/Blueberry
Merveille de Lait
Noir Satin
Gingerbread (holiday only)
Cinnamon Coriander (holiday only)

About half of these are white chocolate based, and I just can't eat white choc (sorry, just Ick to me) so I have tried the other flavors with milk & dark choc. The Tiramisu, Japonaise, Pecan & Caramel were all very good for super milky Swiss milk choc- the flavors really came through - but I much preferred the dark choc. I am impressed with the variety of flavors but some are just beyond me to actually eat. I would love to know what tasting notes others have....they are very affordable at only $1.99. Has anyone else seen these at Target and tried them??

Tags: Frey, Swiss, Target, chocolate, flavors

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There were some revisions made to include dark choc....my mistake.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service