The National Association of Specialty Food Trades (NASFT) is the industry organization that organizes the Fancy Food Shows. For the past 30 years the NASFT has handed out SOFI awards to products that exemplify the best of the best of the specialty foods industry. (Note: Only those products entered by their manufacturers or a rep/importer are considered.)
There are two levels of awards, Silver and Gold.
There are 31 categories for Silver awards, and they are given to individual products (as opposed to product lines) that may or may not have been introduced in the year since the preceding Summer Fancy Food Show.
There are 2 categories in the Gold awards: Outstanding Product Line and Outstanding New Product.
The finalists for the 2010 Silver SOFIs in the Chocolate category are:
- Askinosie Chocolate - White Chocolate Nibble Bar
- Eclat Chocolate - Assorted Caramels Box
- Knipschildt Chocolatier - Hannah Mini Signature
- Poco Dolce - Sesame Toffee Tiles
- François Pralus - Barre Infernale Lait (this is one of my personal all-time favorites)
- Sweet Marguerites - 12-piece Assorted Chocolates