The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Does anyone know any "easy" way of getting the right temperature curve for an artisan chocolate? I've been trying to temper it by trial and error, but I was wondering if there is like a shortcut or something :(

Tags: artisan, chocolate, curve, temperature

Views: 780

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're surely invited to our chocolate Shop :) if you ever get here, you can e-mail me to daniela@chocolate-nahua.com, it's a joy to get visitors who also are chocolatiers :)

I was also wondering if you have any technical info in tempering and crystals. I'm gathering info for myself in one doc to have everything altogether for future troubleshooting, plus I love chemistry and chocolate is all chemistry :) But I haven't found much technical info on chocolate crystallization.

Loads of it out there - i'd start with a book called 'industrial chocolate manufacture' edited by stephen beckett.  if you're a member of PMCA you can also browse the past 30 years or so of the technical proceedings.

Wow!! that books looks AMAZING, I must have it! Glad there's a Kindle version :)!! Thank you!!!

Great answer :) thank you. From time to time I get tired of my own mistakes and, on purpose, make different mistakes. I want to learn from another person's mistakes as well. Here in Costa Rica, it's very hard since there are little professional chocolatiers around :( but we're making our way through. Reading answers like yours motivates me :)

Insightful answer - thanks

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…